⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow didn’t know how high stakes progress in the CL was. Mainly because in fifa manager mode you don’t cash out that much from advancing in the tournament :lol:

Don’t remember exactly how it works, but from what I remember, the more teams in a respective league showing out, the less prize money is allocated to each team within that country. Which is why despite getting knocked out at the same stage of Barca, Juve earner 80m compared to their 57m. Another factor that matters iirc is the size of a team’s fan base. Or the market share they generate. Which is why Juve, despite being knocked out a round earlier than Roma, earned just 3m less than their 83m. The high stakes part in terms of progressing really comes to light when comparing Barca and Real. Similar size fan base and same league. Real earned 31m more at 88m.

It’s really crazy to think of the financial boost a club can get by not getting sent home prematurely vs the other way around.

Oh lemme add the other day I’m playing FIFA at my cousins house and he smoked me with PSG, I used Barça and Juve, couldn’t win. Whose doing the FIFA ratings now? Cause I saw Neymar was faster than Ronaldo (Messi too).....

There wasn’t a day on God’s green earth that Neymar has ever been faster than Ronaldo. NEVER. They slacked on Ronnie’s speed rating and he’s the cover boy!! After being the fastest dude at the WC. WTH? But yea Neymar was too fast on the wings for me, I couldn’t understand, had to check the stats. :lol:

That TOTY Ronaldo damn near maxed out tho :lol:

Obviously La Liga, with an affinity for the dramatic, appointed guess who as today’s match ref

Do I even need to say it for fellow La Liga fans? :lol:

9F6329ED-0874-4FD6-B936-446C6A428A69.jpeg

I peeped game with what happened with VAR this season, in the beginning of the season they went to it and some decisions were being made, since they're using active refs, its apparent their egos can't handle it, VAR has completely gone by the wayside, obvious situations are just bypassed now.

the worst part about mateu lahoz refereeing is he ruins the game for the fans.
the match always ends up being about him.

Marcelo starts in place of the in form Reguilon

Llorente interestingly gets the nod ahead of Casemiro

As expected, Vazquez over Bale

Let’s see if Modric and Kroos can start imposing themselves for the business end of the season

Malcom with the start:smokin Huge game for him
Semedo :smokin
No Messi
I’m liking how valverde is utilizing the squad recently.
We are deep. We must trust our players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom