⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol @ this whole thing. If Madrid wanted 90 for morata and 100 for a washed up bale then pogba is well north of 150. Madrid fans can’t be mad at the market value when they helped dictate it

Well this is all actually more PSG’s fault. Once Neymar went for 200 the whole market went up drastically. But United did break the transfer record for Pogba just one season earlier. They have blame in this too.

I’d blame PSG, United, and City for the market now more than Madrid. Madrid haven’t done anything drastic to fluctuate the market in the last 5 years. And the last 5 years the transfer market went crazy.

United fans saying we created this problem when they get fleeced over & over is rich, your mans Woodward food out here.
I’m sorry but only one of our clubs is notorious for breaking the transfer record. I know this hurts.. you spent the better part of last year telling us how Madrid is the model club, buying young talent. Pushing the book with the same narrative. For 12 months on and Y’all are back to paying over the odds and you’ll double back and try and justify it.

Well this is all actually more PSG’s fault. Once Neymar went for 200 the whole market went up drastically. But United did break the transfer record for Pogba just one season earlier. They have blame in this too.

I’d blame PSG, United, and City for the market now more than Madrid. Madrid haven’t done anything drastic to fluctuate the market in the last 5 years. And the last 5 years the transfer market went crazy.
Pogba was barely north of the fee Madrid paid for bale. So to say United is responsible is misleading. The fees are only this large due to the teams who set the standard before (I.e Madrid). Ppl are just willing to accept overpaying because it’s madrid, psg does it and ppl lose their minds.

I'm conflicted. I agree with you, I just can't have Pool win the league...BUT, I'm not down with United rolling over either. It's not even about getting into the Top 4, because I think that is a waste of time for this version of United. I just want to see a consistent team on the pitch and the club restructured so we can actually start to rebuild.

Believe me I feel weird rooting for City let alone for United to lose.

To me this season is over. These last few games are a waste. We aren't getting fourth. The squad is gonna get gutted this summer. If the rumors are true, Pog is leaving and mentally not with us anymore. Like you hinted at we can't have this United in the CL. Next season is about rebuilding and working on chemistry, both on and off the pitch.

Btw. Someone remind me what happens if United remarkably get 4th and Arsenal/Chelsea finish 5th but one of the two wins Europa.

If I ever called us the model I apologize for that lie, we've done some good business signing young guys imo. But other than James, Illaramendi every player we bought recently has been worth it imo, even Kovacic who we can still get our money back on. Now the club needs a refresh at a higher level, Hazard, Jovic, Militao are all worth the price there are going for. Pogba at 150 is just crazy.

Pogba was barely north of the fee Madrid paid for bale. So to say United is responsible is misleading. The fees are only this large due to the teams who set the standard before (I.e Madrid). Ppl are just willing to accept overpaying because it’s madrid, psg does it and ppl lose their minds.

Well people lose their minds for PSG overpaying because they’re not business, they’re a club run by a oil rich country.

And PSG breaking the 200 million transfer mark was absolutely worth the reaction it got. Because it inflated the transfer market to a whole new level.

Well people lose their minds for PSG overpaying because they’re not business, they’re a club run by a oil rich country.

And PSG breaking the 200 million transfer mark was absolutely worth the reaction it got. Because it inflated the transfer market to a whole new level.
Agreed but if rumors were to be believed Madrid was willing to match the fee. Psg only got it over the line with wages/incentives.

What I do find interesting is Madrid team lacks character and they are linked to two players who have been known to down their tools when they aren’t happy.

Agreed but if rumors were to be believed Madrid was willing to match the fee. Psg only got it over the line with wages/incentives.

I don’t remember rumors of RM swooping in and triggering the €200 million buyout clause for Neymar while he was at Barcelona. That €200 triggered buyout clause came out of NOWHERE. Changed the game.

I don’t remember rumors of RM swooping in and triggering the €200 million buyout clause for Neymar while he was at Barcelona. That €200 triggered buyout clause came out of NOWHERE. Changed the game.
Sorry I should have clarified. Was speaking about the mbappe transfer. You make a valid point.

I’m going to mediate as a third party here for you Manchester United fans and Real Madrid fans.

United: Want €150 for Pogba
RM: Think that’s crazy, especially considering how trash Pogba has been of late.
United paid €100 for Pogba 3 years ago.

So how about United gets its money back plus an extra €25 million for inflation. Total of €125 million. Does that work out fellas? Can we agree here?

Verde Shuttles Verde Shuttles Beans Beans

If I ever called us the model I apologize for that lie, we've done some good business signing young guys imo. But other than James, Illaramendi every player we bought recently has been worth it imo, even Kovacic who we can still get our money back on. Now the club needs a refresh at a higher level, Hazard, Jovic, Militao are all worth the price there are going for. Pogba at 150 is just crazy.
I’m so dumb. My apologies I was confusing you and @flyeed

Nope 150+

upload_2019-4-24_8-51-30.gif

I’m going to mediate as a third party here for you Manchester United fans and Real Madrid fans.

United: Want €150 for Pogba
RM: Think that’s crazy, especially considering how trash Pogba has been of late.
United paid €100 for Pogba 3 years ago.

So how about United gets its money back plus an extra €25 million for inflation. Total of €125 million. Does that work out fellas? Can we agree here?

Verde Shuttles Verde Shuttles Beans Beans

Solid. Just get him the **** out

Whatever we end up receiving the entire fee should be spent on midfield.

If Liverpool wins the title cause we beat Citeh then so be it. As crazy as it sounds, we really have a legit chance to snatch the 4th place trophy if we win today and beat Chelsea. Ole better not have our squad lay down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom