⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
wtf is going on.
Can't watch but I got the scores up at work. Look at the score and we're up, I look a way for a sec and there's a red...
major blunder by Watford's keeper, he was too lax with the ball looking for someone to pass it to with Auba still chasing after him. Auba just stuck a foot out and he essentially blocked it into the goal lol

Deeney put up an elbow against Lucas, which there was intent to play him tough but I don't think it was malicious at all and the ref just went for the red

I think it’s time for Real and Asensio to seriously consider a loan to the Bundesliga or something

Dude’s career isn’t going anywhere here. He needs a season of consistently bagging assists and goals elsewhere to gain the confidence and maturity to play as a forward here. Would take some balls from Zizou and Flo. Watching him be a non-factor over and over is sad for himself and for fans.

Dude isn’t agile, mobile, and a threatening enough runner to be a winger imo. He’s not a CF either. And he’s not a natural CM. It’s really starting to look like his best role might be as a #10 in a fringe UCL/Europa team, because top sides don’t really play 10s nowadays.

If he sticks around here he’s going to turn into a Lucas Vazquez with a lower work rate. Just taking up space on a flank.

Last edited:
To add to the point, Hazard seems to be close to a done deal, Zizou wants Mane (this one won’t be easy though,) Rodrygo is coming in who seems to already have more attitude and hunger than Asensio. Jovic could very well happen. Why have Asensio here just wasting his potential, and gaining zero confidence, maturity, and real experience? Dude is the type to get comfortable in the backseat without a real spark and expectations.

Marcelo is done btw. Dude needs to go to Galatsaray. And Nacho to Everton.

Would also rather try out James again than keep Isco, it’s just physically difficult to see him getting his form back when he seems to move like he’s taking short strides in molasses.

If we're being honest the team has looked no better with Zizou back, but his return isn't about this year. Same old performance from the team, the wrong players are playing, tired of ranting about this ****.

In hindsight, we really got lucky with the red card. We got the clean sheet but the match felt like we were still playing 11v11. Idk if we were instructed by Emery to just sit back or if the players were having a bad day since we hardly caused real threat to score. There were chances but all were because of the extra space we fortunately had.

Not the intensity I wanted to see after having a man advantage, we should of killed them off before the half but instead we let them get their shots in. Still got the important 3 points but we can't play like this again Thursday

If we're being honest the team has looked no better with Zizou back, but his return isn't about this year. Same old performance from the team, the wrong players are playing, tired of ranting about this ****.

We all new that the last 10 games were a throw away and merely shot for some players to show that they want to be here next season.

Clearly Ceballos, Bale, Nacho, Llorente, and Mariano have no place here next year.

sq sq sq sq sq sq squad
D4NzhFCX4AUbyM5.jpg

Been hearing this "next CR7" nonsense for the past decade

Remember how Nelson Oliveira was also supposed to be the "next CR7" :lol:

Just let these young players develop naturally. We don't need them to be the "next CR7"; we just need them to be consistent and not fall off a cliff after 1-2 years of solid production

I think a lot of big clubs get so thirsty for the "next CR7" that they swoop up these young Portuguese players that haven't fully developed their game yet, and then the clubs let them rot on the bench once the players obviously can't live up to that expectation

Bro I remember when Manchester United found the “next Cristiano Ronaldo” in Luís Nani, all the while Ronaldo was still at Manchester United and just two years older. This has been going on for a while.

The “Next CR7” tagline is all Benfica’s doing, thru the papers trying to drive up João Felix’s transfer fee. I mean I don’t blame them, go get that money. But you ain’t fooling me bro :lol:

I can see Real Madrid paying up to £200 mil

Yo United are not getting 200 million for Pogba. I know Real Madrid are desperate but let’s not go crazy here. Pogba is still a midfielder, come on :lol:

125-150 million tops if Pogba goes into Woodward’s office in the summer and demands he’s sold. That’s more than enough anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom