∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
They are not twins.

Holloway mentioned something along the lines of "another one" as in another illegitimate child.

Both are Casperes kids.

I think

No, I think Caspere was the father of the girl. They aren't twins. And their mom was pregnant again, and it was Caspere's.

I think.

Thats what I thought I heard but didnt she participate in them sex parties Caspere was usually at? If so then that means he prolly... :x

Thats why I thought I misheard all that. Also photographer was def the killer of Caspere, his sister said it all

They are not twins.

Holloway mentioned something along the lines of "another one" as in another illegitimate child.

Both are Casperes kids.

I think

Casper was banging their mom. Both the kids were Casper

Casper probably banged his daughter :x

When dude heard this in the airport. It probably clicked with him that Casper smashed his daughter, and Casper was his real dad.

He goes off

I don't think you'll find a clear answer on whether he smashed his daughter :lol:

But you the facts are there and it's up to you to decide on the rest. That's the beauty of this show

Of course Frank wasn't giving up his suit.
Franks too G.

Nails still riding out with the ladies, straight G.

Ray didn't want to live man, he felt he didn't deserve to be Happy, should have went ahead and told Ani on the phone that last time that he loved her, she knew it but he should have said it.

I don't think the lady with the scars sold them out, how are talk coming up with this? For real?

Season 2 ended nicely.

Season 2 > Season 1 and it's not even close

What a depressing *** finale, I need a hug

As a person who thought season 1 was wildly overrated (acting was brilliant, plot ehh) I thought season 2 was okay. Not great but not completely horrible like I thought it would be 3 episodes in. My main issue is with the writing, way too many horrible quotes that no human being would say in real life. I also feel like they just had too many main characters with their own back stories this go round. Made every episode just jump around and around and around. All the deaths were quite predictable too smh

Overall some pretty good acting by Colin, Rachel and Vince. Didn't think they could pull it off

Last edited:
Franks too G.

Ray didn't want to live man, he felt he didn't deserve to be Happy, should have went ahead and told Ani on the phone that last time that he loved her, she knew it but he should have said it.

I don't think the lady with the scars sold them out, how are talk coming up with this? For real?

Season 2 ended nicely.

It was a thought at the time while the show was going on, all the scenes with ani n velcoro they showed shots of scarred lady looking suspicious and shady. Plus how did the Mexicans find frank ? But of course we can see that she had nothing to do with it, I guess they try to foreshadow something with her for the audience and nothing happened.

Nah, dog...

Ray really was Chad's pops all along!?

In my feels right now...

I can't even post a proper summary.

Franks too G.

Season 2 ended nicely.

They dropped subtle clues. Scarface clearly looked jealous. She's Hispanic and its not a coincidence that he was sold out to the Hispanics.

Another case of the clues being there and it's up to you to connect the dots as you please

It was a thought at the time while the show was going on, all the scenes with ani n velcoro they showed shots of scarred lady looking suspicious and shady. Plus how did the Mexicans find frank ? But of course we can see that she had nothing to do with it, I guess they try to foreshadow something with her for the audience and nothing happened.

I think that was a jealousy thing ...you know she had feelings for Ray

Franks too G.

Season 2 ended nicely.

Frank also had diamonds in his suit so that was probably another reason why he didn't wanna give up his suit.

Never thought of it like that

Was thinking it was jus more of Frank having too much pride
While he was walking after getting stabbed when the camera zoomed into the wound it showed the diamonds glistening and covered in the blood.

That's a good question though....would Frank put his pride on the line for a chance to see his lady again?

that's how they sent out Colin? this season officially sucks for me now

this was so predictable, at least in season 1 you thought Rust was gonna die going into it

I will give them credit for trying something new but yeah, I am officially calling this season a disappointment now and I was liking it until tonight

Season 1 is still better ..but Season 2 really closed the gap

Really not understanding the hate this season got.. Colin Farrell really made himself some money

No idea how tall thought the deaths were predictable ..this ain't GOT I ain't think any of them was gonna die lol

Last edited:
Rays death hit me harder than most TV deaths.

Dude just wanted to see his kid. And to see the Velcoro badge next to that Fat P at recess. Bruhhh these feels :frown:

The love for his kid really killed him. The paternal relationships in this season are clearly a major theme. Ray with his father being a cop and his son being a fat P. Frank with his abusive father. Ani with her hippy father. The chessanis. The orphans and Caspere. Woodrugh about to be a dad

season 2 was solid, but i def need to go back and study the reddit hard so i can really get a grasp of the whole story. complex is an understatement and season 1 was no where near that.

the suspense wasn't there as much this time around, but i think the nature of this story didn't leave any room for that.

it was a different kind of detective story, a complex political corruption scandal founded on a murder of someone who connected a lot of dots, where the good guys try and fight a corp....a sort of conglomerate of evil, where if u pick one weed or two, other weeds will replace.

in some ways this show is an allegory to real life, with respect to the existence of actual incorporated cities fictionalized by Vinci, the entire ethical issue with citizens united, whistleblowing.

it may be that the value of this season is deeper and not outright obvious to me, until i do more review of the story.

..i would like fukanaga back for season 3. for the entire season.

kelly reilly is so stacked :smh: :evil: everytime she came on screen i struggled to focus on her face. just wanna

motorboat_vince_vaughn.gif

Last edited:
Season 1 is still better ..but Season 2 really closed the gap

Really not understanding the hate this season got.. Colin Farrell really made himself some money

he def did, I was at Target and saw him on some Men's workout type mag, he was pretty all but dead before TD2

I hope he makes a nice comeback in movies, he was an A lister for a short period

Podcasts really helped me understand this season and fully appreciate all the details. I tried to stay away from the portions with the conspiracies though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom