☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

First Carmelo Anthony.
Then Derek Fisher.
Now Chauncey Billups.

Jesus Christ man. Three last-second three pointers to kill us.

Where is Marion on these plays?
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Wasn't it Durant, not Carmelo?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Ska... So what do you make of Pooh's contract? What does that tell you?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I hadn't thought about how amazing he would be there... now I have even more reason to hope he stays.
I agree. Unless he makes some drastic improvements to his offensive game, I think he ends up getting overpaid.

Cake, I could see a guy like Nick Young ending up with the Bulls one way or another.  He's only on a one year deal and is unrestricted next year.  If he isn't traded before then, I could see a team like Chicago going after him.  

You know what we were rumored to be looking at him and I'd be perfectly FINE with Nick Young... i wanted us to make a run at him this off-season but figured Wash was going to match anything threw at him.  Now with him being an URA I'd love us to grab him if possible.  Young, Athletic, Can Shoot It, Create His Own, Great Size... Would need to learn how to play "Winning Basketball" and defense though, no offense but you know.

No doubt...honestly, I think if he was in a better b-ball environment, he'd really thrive.  On top of it all, his on-ball defense ain't too bad.  He'd be a GREAT fit in Chicago.  

dailythunder Royce Young
.@sam_amick says that Westbrook's extension is locked at 25%, meaning he won't get the Rose Rule bump regardless of his season. Huge.

DarnellMayberry Darnell Mayberry
It does NOT contain an opt-out clause that would allow Westbrook to become a free agent following the 4th season, continuing a trend by OKC.

Kevin Durant, Kendrick Perkins, Nick Collison & Thabo Sefolosha all re-signed with OKC for deals that didn't include an opt-out.

asb-2.jpg

Dwight Howard and Derrick Rose lead the East All-Star voting while Kevin Durant and Kobe lead the West.

[h1]Howard continues to lead in second All-Star Ballot returns[/h1]
By Official NBA
Posted Jan 19 2012 2:23PM

NEW YORK -- Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic and Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls top the Eastern Conference, while Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder lead the Western Conference after the second returns of 2012 NBA All-Star Balloting presented by Sprint. Howard, who leads the NBA in rebounding (15.6 rpg), is the overall leader with 1,161,797 votes.

The 2012 NBA All-Star Game, which will air live at 8 p.m. ET on TNT and ESPN Radio in the U.S., and reach fans in more than 200 countries and territories in more than 40 languages, will be played at Amway Center in Orlando on Sunday, Feb. 26, 2012.

Howard paces centers in the East, followed by the Bulls' Joakim Noah (141,683). LeBron James of the Miami Heat leads Eastern Conference forwards with 972,580 votes, followed by Carmelo Anthony (779,945) of the New York Knicks. Rose leads Eastern Conference guards with 1,040,210 votes, followed by Miami's Dwyane Wade (972,015).

Bryant's 1,110,379 votes leads Western Conference guards, with the Los Angeles Clippers' Chris Paul placing second (835,026). Durant's 973,152 votes leads forwards in the West, with Blake Griffin of the Clippers next in line with 619,913 votes. The Lakers' Andrew Bynum paces Western Conference centers with 777,365 votes, followed by the Clippers' DeAndre Jordan (214,883).

2012 NBA All-Star Balloting presented by Sprint gives fans around the world the opportunity to vote daily for their favorite players as starters for the 2012 NBA All-Star Game. There are several ways fans can cast their votes as part of this season's all-digital program, including in 16 languages on NBA.com or by visiting m.NBA.com on any wireless carrier. Fans also can vote through mobile phones by texting the player's last name to 6-9-6-2-2 ("MYNBA") in the U.S. and to 3-8-6-5-7 ("DUNKS") in Canada. Sprint customers in the U.S. can also access the ballot and vote through the new "Sprint NBA Mobile" application, the most comprehensive app in the marketplace for NBA fans.

2012 NBA All-Star Balloting presented by Sprint also includes expanded SMS voting. Fans can now vote for 10 different players per day, per phone number, via SMS voting by sending 10 separate SMS messages, each one with a different player's last name. Fans can vote for All-Stars via SMS at any time by texting from their mobile phones. Message and data rates may apply. Previously, fans could cast one SMS vote for one player per day.

Fans can vote directly on NBA.com or use their Facebook profile information to help create an NBA.com All-Access account, which enables them to complete a ballot. After submitting their All-Star selections, fans will have the ability to share them with their friends on Facebook and followers on Twitter, and encourage others to cast their ballots.

Wireless and SMS balloting, as well as voting on NBA.com, will conclude on Jan. 31. Starters will be announced live on TNT on Feb. 2, during a special one-hour pregame show at 7 p.m. ET featuring Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, Shaquille O'Neal and Kenny Smith. The special will air prior to TNT's exclusive doubleheader featuring the Chicago Bulls at the New York Knicks (8 p.m. ET) and the Denver Nuggets at the Los Angeles Clippers (10:30 p.m. ET). There will also be a special one-hour pregrame show on TNT on Feb. 9 to announce the All-Star reserves.

The NBA All-Star ballot lists 120 players -- 60 each from the Eastern and Western conferences -- with 24 guards, 24 forwards, and 12 centers from each conference comprising the list. Voters select two guards, two forwards and one center from each conference. The 120 players on the ballot were selected by a panel of media who regularly cover the NBA: Bill Simmons (Grantland), Sekou Smith (NBA.com), Doug Smith (Toronto Star/PBWA), and Ian Thomsen (Sports Illustrated).

NBA All-Star 2012 in Orlando will bring together some of the most talented and passionate players in the league's history for a global celebration of the game. TNT will televise the All-Star Game for a 10th consecutive year, marking Turner Sports' 28th year of All-Star coverage. NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by State Farm will feature the Haier Shooting Stars, Taco Bell Skills Challenge, Foot Locker Three-Point Contest, and Sprite Slam Dunk. Other events at NBA All-Star 2012 will include the NBA Rising Stars Challenge, Sprint NBA All-Star Celebrity Game, and NBA All-Star Jam Session. Orlando also hosted NBA All-Star in 1992.

The leaders of both the Eastern and Western Conference players for the second returns of 2012 NBA All-Star Balloting presented by Sprint are below:

All-Star Balloting Presented By Sprint | Eastern Conference

Forwards: LeBron James (Mia) 972,580; Carmelo Anthony (NYK) 779,945; Amar'e Stoudemire (NYK) 281,617; Kevin Garnett (Bos) 268,980; Chris Bosh (Mia) 209,640; Luol Deng (Chi) 166,671; Paul Pierce (Bos) 145,077; Carlos Boozer (Chi) 101,612; Andrea Bargnani (Tor) 93,456; Hedo Turkoglu (Orl) 80,694.

Guards: Derrick Rose (Chi) 1,040,210; Dwyane Wade (Mia) 972,015; Rajon Rondo (Bos) 394,672; Ray Allen (Bos) 274,233; Deron Williams (NJN) 143,941; Jose Calderon (Tor) 84,881; Richard Hamilton (Chi) 64,757; John Wall (Was) 61,160; Kyrie Irving (Cle) 53,300; Joe Johnson (Atl) 40,718.

Centers: Dwight Howard (Orl) 1,161,797; Joakim Noah (Chi) 141,683; Tyson Chandler (NYK) 107,735; Joel Anthony (Mia) 67,210; JaVale McGee (Was) 41,249; Al Horford (Atl) 35,860.

All-Star Balloting Presented By Sprint | Western Conference

Forwards: Kevin Durant (OKC) 973,152; Blake Griffin (LAC) 619,913; Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 354,434; Pau Gasol (LAL) 327,596; Kevin Love (Min) 232,656; LaMarcus Aldridge (Por) 188,829; Tim Duncan (SA) 133,575; Lamar Odom (Dal) 96,080; Metta World Peace (LAL) 63,055; Danilo Gallinari (Den) 59,646.

Guards: Kobe Bryant (LAL) 1,110,379; Chris Paul (LAC) 835,026; Ricky Rubio (Min) 248,423; Steve Nash (Pho) 188,537; Russell Westbrook (OKC) 167,996; Kyle Lowry (Hou) 132,972; Monta Ellis (GS) 105,926; Manu Ginobili (SA) 79,821; Jason Kidd (Dal) 79,783; Chauncey Billups (LAC) 73,429.

Centers: Andrew Bynum (LAL) 777,365; DeAndre Jordan (LAC) 214,883; Marc Gasol (Mem) 182,992; Nenê (Den) 144,066; Marcin Gortat (Pho) 92,511; Kendrick Perkins (OKC) 66,380.

Couple of notes on Westbrook's deal...It kicks in NEXT season, meaning he'll be with the Thunder through the 2016-17 season.

Westbrook could have waited until he made an All-NBA team this season (virtual lock) and qualified for the "Rose rule" bump.

Westbrook showed his commitment to the team and to winning by sacrificing that opportunity.

The Thunder made Westbrook its one player it could "designate" to have a five-year deal. Durant got his under the old CBA.

Damn the Thunder are smart. 

So, does this finally end the Durant and Russ can't play together crap?  They both took a tad less money to play together in this small market (hi !++#+*%%
wink.gif
) so hopefully everyone gets off the Russ can't coexist with Kevin nonsense. 

If they do manage to lock up Harden and Ibaka, I'm going to start hating the Thunder real fast. 
laugh.gif

And whoever said Harden reminds them of Manu. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Harden is good.  That comparison sucks. 

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

First Carmelo Anthony.
Then Derek Fisher.
Now Chauncey Billups.

Jesus Christ man. Three last-second three pointers to kill us.

Where is Marion on these plays?
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Wasn't it Durant, not Carmelo?
Yeah it was, I knew it was Durant, but for whatever reason I said Carmelo, probably because he's hit a last second game-winner on us too.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

YO JA I'ma be at the Mavs vs Clips game tomorrow! I'll get a pic with Khloe for ya.

SMH at me going to my 3rd Clips game and not making it to a Kings game yet
frown.gif
Soooo that game was fun
smile.gif
No need to shake your head.
Clips>>>>>SAC Kings
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
laugh.gif

Even my girl said Clippers games are funner than Kings games
laugh.gif

the concessions>>>>Kings

Staples>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kings

Music
laugh.gif
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kings

Excitement>Kings

It was hilarious to see the Kardashians though
laugh.gif
they were like 8 rows in front of me
laugh.gif

Glad to see that you had a good time bruh
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Now if we could only find a way to get 'Reke in a Clip uni the cypher would be complete.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

*And the reason I say 'keep the Bulls on top' and not 'keep his team on top' is because I really do think he is committed to the Bulls, even past the end of his contract. Suffice it to say, I think the Bulls have a really, really good thing in Rose, and I'm positive that also played into the extension of damn near $100m.

Honestly the kid just wants to put Chicago where it once was, like whatever it takes to win that's what he's willing to do... Its little thing that show you this, like they did an interview with him around the 6 O'Brien Trophies and he was barely paying attention during the interview due to staring at the trophys. He just kept saying "I Just Want To Bring One Of These To The City So Bad!" If it means go score damn near 40 or score 10  or dish out assist and be a decoy all game... It honestly doesn't matter to him as long as the Bulls win.  He's low key obsessed with winning and I Love That. Its something the entire city just knows about him.  You can see it when you watch him play, you just feel like he's going to get you the win or atleast we do.  Thats something you can't groom or coach, its beyond his skill its the Chicago in him, its his hometown pride.  While I wish he would've signed for less just for the wiggle room I believe he totally deserved it, especially when I think about Marcus Fizer
sick.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Ska... So what do you make of Pooh's contract? What does that tell you?

Cake, I could see a guy like Nick Young ending up with the Bulls one way or another.  He's only on a one year deal and is unrestricted next year.  If he isn't traded before then, I could see a team like Chicago going after him.  

You know what we were rumored to be looking at him and I'd be perfectly FINE with Nick Young... i wanted us to make a run at him this off-season but figured Wash was going to match anything threw at him.  Now with him being an URA I'd love us to grab him if possible.  Young, Athletic, Can Shoot It, Create His Own, Great Size... Would need to learn how to play "Winning Basketball" and defense though, no offense but you know.

No doubt...honestly, I think if he was in a better b-ball environment, he'd really thrive.  On top of it all, his on-ball defense ain't too bad.  He'd be a GREAT fit in Chicago.  

I agree, I believe that he'd benefit from playing with a group of guys who are committed to winning/the end goal and not themselves.  I actually feel the same way about John too, its no slight at the city, its just that organization is run poorly from top to bottom and its poorness is engrained within its style of play.  Ie: Andray Blatche being named captain
30t6p3b.gif

I honestly think in the last 3-4 years I've gone to about the same number of Clips games as I have Kings games tho.... I just can't resist, the tix are so affordable and the seats are way better fort he price than what I would get at Arco.

I honestly think in the last 3-4 years I've gone to about the same number of Clips games as I have Kings games tho.... I just can't resist, the tix are so affordable and the seats are way better fort he price than what I would get at Arco.

tumblr_la283cGSs71qbm9t6.jpg

It's been cool to hear the "Fi-re Dun-Leavey" chants and seeing Fred Jones and Steve Novak starting and Brian Skinner first off the bench to what the Clips are now... It almost makes me feel like a true Clippers fan
laugh.gif

Edit: I think that same game where Jones and Novak started, the T'wolves started Brian Cardinal, Ryan Gomes, and Kevin Ollie
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I remember I paid $25 for damn near courtside seats and I still felt like I overpaid
laugh.gif

I'm really interested to see what type of contract Harden gets when its his turn. Or maybe he decides to take his talents elsewhere...

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Couple of notes on Westbrook's deal...It kicks in NEXT season, meaning he'll be with the Thunder through the 2016-17 season.

Westbrook could have waited until he made an All-NBA team this season (virtual lock) and qualified for the "Rose rule" bump.

Westbrook showed his commitment to the team and to winning by sacrificing that opportunity.

The Thunder made Westbrook its one player it could "designate" to have a five-year deal. Durant got his under the old CBA.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I can't wait til this team falls off.

It's been cool to hear the "Fi-re Dun-Leavey" chants and seeing Fred Jones and Steve Novak starting and Brian Skinner first off the bench to what the Clips are now... It almost makes me feel like a true Clippers fan
laugh.gif

So that's where Novak is
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Damn the Thunder are smart. 

So, does this finally end the Durant and Russ can't play together crap?  They both took a tad less money to play together in this small market (hi *!$**$@$
wink.gif
) so hopefully everyone gets off the Russ can't coexist with Kevin nonsense. 

If they do manage to lock up Harden and Ibaka, I'm going to start hating the Thunder real fast. 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

People are still going to wait for Russ to have a bad game and rehash the same +%%#. Luckily, they've been having to wait a long time, 10 straight 3 or less tos game, 9 straight 50%fg games. It's hard to be mad at 21/6/5.

And last night's game against the Wizards had trap game written all over it. Our pick and roll defense, and giving up offensive rebounds earned us that loss though. It looked like they were experimenting with something new. Normally, you would just have Russ go way under the screen (like how you defend Rondo and how people defend him), thus encouraging him to shoot that jumper, cutting the lane off of the cutter, and being too far away to get blown by. But for some reason we had Nick hedge high and stay for a few seconds when Wall came off, then the screen setting big would cut and be wide open for a few seconds until Nick chased him back down. Then we decided to commit a 3rd defender, usually KD, who would come and pick up Nick's man on the cut until Nick could get back thus leaving his man, Nick Young, open and he finally started hitting some 3s.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by CP1708

30t6p3b.gif
That comparison is dead on.

Aye, you're @#$%^& up my message man, get out the way. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom