☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Word is we may also get Okafor, which would make this trade even better.

30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

man the Lakers need to make some more moves pronto. got like 5 pgs 5 small forwards and no real power forward. I was refreshing all day for this?

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

pimp.gif
what a day in Los Angeles

sports radio here are going
eek.gif
laugh.gif

i think the lakers gave up a lot for CP3, but he is top 3 PG in the league. so why not right?
MY dude, your sig is 
pimp.gif

Wizards x Lakers 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I wonder if that CP3 trade will go down the same way as what happened last season with the NETS....
So many "Agreement in Principle" articles, but that man never ended up in that Nets jersey...

When its finalized, then its finalized. I can't believe anything in regards to the NBA anymore. Dudes jump the gun extremely quick

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by man listen

^ head to head? hell nah

What is that supposed to mean, 1v1?  Paul is definitely better as part of a team, meaning real basketball.  The only issue with him is the knee injuries....  That's dangerous stuff right there, the Lakers really gave up alot of a solid team.  This could turn out to be a real bad move for them.
Chandler certainly fills a big need for the Knicks, but the backcourt is going to be sooo ugly this year.  It's hard to imagine Carmelo meshing with a team offense unless there is a real powerful point guard running things.
Im talking about the fact that Chris Paul might score 12 points and get 7 assists while Rose gets 30 and the Bulls get the win. Plenty of guys dominate guys not in the same catagory as them. Rose dominates Westbrook, Rondo, Williams, Paul, Nash on a consistant basis.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

Rockets lost, they gave up all those players, AND picks? Cmon son. Maybe Rockets will sign Nene, Jamal Craw?

dudes are straight ******ed. 
30t6p3b.gif

i really dont understand what the HOU organization is thinking...i mean pau is an upgrade from scola but...cmon...

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by man listen

^ head to head? hell nah

What is that supposed to mean, 1v1?  Paul is definitely better as part of a team, meaning real basketball.  The only issue with him is the knee injuries....  That's dangerous stuff right there, the Lakers really gave up alot of a solid team.  This could turn out to be a real bad move for them.

meaning Lakers vs Bulls, Rose will cook that dude every time. Rose is a better passer than what he showed in his MVP year but they needed him to get buckets

A small part of me wishes the Lockout was still going on.....................................................

Hornets are WINNING!
pimp.gif

I don't know how they were able to get all those pieces from Houston just by giving away Gasol?!?
30t6p3b.gif

Lakers got CP3, but I don't see them getting Howard for Bynum straight up. I wouldn't be surprised though. (EX: Kwame for Gasol!
laugh.gif
)

PO

We're getting rid of the whole reasons why we are so dominate in the playoffs. No one can handle the height on the boards that the Lakers bring with Bynum, Gasol, and Odom.
Anyone who thinks this is a good move for the Lakers Knows nothing about basketball. Just a bunch of bandwagon L.A. Yuppies that like a team full of names they know.
we laughed at Miami for trying to make a team of all-stars, and now we turn around and do the same thing. No Way would I trade Gasol, the best foward in the league.
This is ALL bad!

Of course when you trade away the face of your franchise, one of the best players in the league, you want young pieces to rebuild, but, the Hornets came out ok in this deal. Odom, Scola, Martin all NBA starters, and Dragic has potential. And these dudes got a first rounder from Houston. Hopefully Morey has something up his sleeve.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

This trade is useless without Dwight Howard. 

It doesn't have to be Dwight at all. That is aiming high. Any good big man will work.

Originally Posted by diew its james

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

Rockets lost, they gave up all those players, AND picks? Cmon son. Maybe Rockets will sign Nene, Jamal Craw?

dudes are straight ******ed. 
30t6p3b.gif

i really dont understand what the HOU organization is thinking...i mean pau is an upgrade from scola but...cmon...
I was neutral about  the deal when it was just scola and k-mart, but damn did they give up a lot.

Rockets do the deal to get a big man obviously but to clear cap. Gasol makes 19m while nobody else on the roster makes more than 7 I think. Room to maneuver.

Okafor (29 years old, $12,541,812 this season)
Scola (31, $8,591,793)
Ariza (26, $6,790,640)
Martin (28, $12,019,840)
Dragic (25, $2,108,000)

Odom (32, $8,900,000)
Jack (28, $5,220,000)
Pondexter (23, $1,153,800)

That's an aging, borderline playoff team that is capped out as is, and going nowhere in the future.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Okafor (29 years old, $12,541,812 this season)
Scola (31, $8,591,793)
Ariza (26, $6,790,640)
Martin (28, $12,019,840)
Dragic (25, $2,108,000)

Odom (32, $8,900,000)
Jack (28, $5,220,000)
Pondexter (23, $1,153,800)

That's an aging, borderline playoff team that is capped out as is, and going nowhere in the future.

These morons could have ended up with 2 top 5 picks, but they had to insist on Gordon, from LAC

Back
Top Bottom