You're on a train, and someone offers you 5K...

Sitting on the Amtrak going to The Apple for the Yankees/Bills game right now, buggin because I don't have a laptop to watch movies, made me wonder.

If i were to offer one of these people 5K to hand over their laptop, how many would actually do it?

The terms of this deal are as follows:

A) Your laptop in exchange for 5 Thousand American Dollars
B) You are NOT allowed to backup any files. Agreeing to the deal gives up your right to the laptop and it's contents
C) No funny business ie "Yea, Ill just format the disk before I hand it over.." No sir..When you contemplate this deal, you can't touch yourlaptop again
So..would you do it? Makes you rethink what you keep on a portable machine doesn't it?

I'll do it in a heartbeat simply because I don't have any important data on my laptop
laugh.gif
...just internet use for me

No. I don't know who the person is and in the wrong(or right I suppose) hands they could dig up a LOT of sensitive information like bank account #'setc. Which reminds me there's a cell phone article I wanted to post about this.

No, all my passwords are saved on my laptop so they can log into any accounts I have online.

--Dont have that many pics or important documents.
--Music can be replaced.
--New version of iTunes has home sharing.
--I'll take the 5k.

Well considering someone broke into my house last year & got mines for nothing ...Yeah I'll take the 5K with no hesitation.

I know what its like having to completely start over. Learned not to keep any super personal/important info/files on the laptop, all that goes to the externalHD.

hell no... if they knew what they were doing, they could easily access my bank account and other sensitive information.

Originally Posted by AJChick23

In a heartbeat...I have an advantage though my hard drive just crashed recently
laugh.gif
Mine crashed 2 days ago and I'm still unsure of what to do b/c I lost the operating system re-install disc
What did you do? Did you lose everything?

hmm i guess i shouldn't save my pw's on my laptop just incase it gets stolen...

Originally Posted by Kim1

Originally Posted by AJChick23

In a heartbeat...I have an advantage though my hard drive just crashed recently
laugh.gif
Mine crashed 2 days ago and I'm still unsure of what to do b/c I lost the operating system re-install disc
What did you do? Did you lose everything?
Yeah I lost everything because it wasn't able to be restored to an earlier point in time.

The reinstall software is built in to my Vaio though. You may have to buy or borrow a backup cd of w/e windows version you are running.

Be careful though because different brands and size laptops run differently.

I actually installed my moms Dell Inspiron backup to my Sony Vaio
indifferent.gif
at me
laugh.gif
but it didn't mess up anything..it just doesnt run well.
Then customer support told me how to restore it with the built in backup.

PM me if you need more help and I'll try to help you out.

Pass locked. Gl guessing it. All the passwords on it are outdated by at least three iterations.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom