Your Favorite of the XXL Freshmen 2009

I personally am feelin a lot of the dudes on this list. I know some have been around for a while, but who are you guys likin the most. For people who don'tknow the list included: Blu, Asher Roth, Charles Hamilton, Ace Hood, Kid Cudi, B.O.B, Wale, Currency, Mickey Factz, and Cory Gunz. My favorites are C.Hamilton, Wale, and Blu

I actually listen to Blu, Currency, and Wale. I've never heard any of Ace Hood, Mickey Factz, Cory Gunz, or Asher Roth's music, don't really planon it either. Charles Hamilton is eh, I've thoroughly both of B.o.B's mixtapes. Kudi has a handful of songs that i really like.

With that said. Blu is head and shoulders above all of them. Shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as any of them.

Wale put out one of my all time favorite mixtapes in 100 Miles & Running. MTAN didn't really do much for me. I like all of his mixtapes though, heavilyanticipating his album.

Curren$y is my dude but he needs to stop %#$*#%+ around and put out an album. Independence Day, Life at 30k, Higher Than 30K, and Winners Circle are my #%%+.After that I kind of lost interest in him. Dude is dope though, he spits a lot of #%%+ I can relate to ("I wanna rip bong with my skater friends"makes me laugh every time
laugh.gif
) (so do Blu and Wale).

I've gotten a few recommendations to check out Blu but haven't done it yet... where's dude from and does he have a mixtape worth checking out?

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

I've gotten a few recommendations to check out Blu but haven't done it yet... where's dude from and does he have a mixtape worth checking out?

Blu's from Los Angeles.

Check out Below The Heavens, (So)ul Amazing Mixtape, So)ul Amazing Pt. 2, and The Lifted EP in that order. After that you'll be ready to venture into hisLP's with other producers.

Like I said, you really can't compare Blu to the rest of these internet/mixtape dudes.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Co-Sign on Blu but I #!@+ with Factz but he just don't know how to right yet.

That's what I hear. Apparently dude has a lot of talent. Does he have any mixtapes or anything?

Blu, Wale, Ace Hood, and Corey gunz. I just heard below the heavens like 2 weeks ago and I havent put it to rest. Wale is slackin and needs to put out a albumalready. Ace Hood and Corey gunz both need some new material that will revive the faith I have in them.

Check this song out. If it doesn't put you onto blu then hes just not meant for you.

Drake...someone already beat me to it though. It was a crime he wasn't on that cover...

I'd pick Wale EASY from the dudes who did make it

Blu>Wale>Drake>B.O.B>KiD CuDi.. the rest are just garbage ace hood get the &*$! out of here with that garbage

Blu, Wale and Charles Hamilton are my favorite 3....

B.o.B. is cool, I wasn't feeling his mixtapes that much though. Cudi's stuff is hit or miss with me, he needs more than one mixtape though. I stillneed to peep more Curren$y but from what I've heard dude can spit. Mickey Factz's mixtapes were kinda eh(Inspiration 2 was decent though) but I'mrooting for him. As much as everyone likes Asher Roth, I just wasn't feeling that Greenhouse Effect mixtape he was beyond corny/annoying to me at points ofit, I don't see how he can be compared to Em besides the fact he's white. And Ace Hood sucks.

Originally Posted by Just In Time

Drake...someone already beat me to it though. It was a crime he wasn't on that cover...

I'd pick Wale EASY from the dudes who did make it
It was a shame max b wasn't on that cover

Back
Top Bottom