York University Question?

If I got an alternate offer, is their any way to switch into my original interest after first year?

Yeah man, I wouldnt see why not. You could always ask the registrar.

I went to Mac, I knew plenty of ppl that did that. Some ppl even switched at the begining of Sept.

If York is where you want to go,
1) Try switching when classes start
2) Switch after first yr (sometimes you might need to meet some minimum gpa)

gl, im hoping ill be there nxt yr. waiting for my application to go through

I wanted Psychology but I got Environmental Studies...is that difficult?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but as you can clearly tell I have never been to university.

laugh.gif
My friend was in the same boat as you. He wanted to study biology butthey gave him Environmental Studies. After first year he transfered out. Environmental Studies is super easy, they just threw you in there because your highschool average wasn't high enough (I'm guessing 75% average???) for Psychology (usually they want 77% +). A lot of your classmates will be nerds andtree huggers.

What I suggest for you is that if your set on going to York, accept the offer...in your first year, take whatever Environmental Studies courses you HAVE totake. They will force you to take at the very least, 1 course from your major. With your other credits, take Psychology as your "elective courses"and take whatever other courses you want to get a degree in. After first year, officially change your major to Psychology. Dont look at the few environmentalstudies courses you have to take as a waste of money, they will count towards your degree as elective credits.

And make sure you get good grades in 1st year or they wont let you switch majors. My biggest regret in university was taking first year lightly. In highschool all you had to do was show up to class and you got an 80%. In University expect your marks to drop by 10% in the first semester but they will graduallyimprove.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

laugh.gif
My friend was in the same boat as you. He wanted to study biology but they gave him Environmental Studies. After first year he transfered out. Environmental Studies is super easy, they just threw you in there because your high school average wasn't high enough (I'm guessing 75% average???) for Psychology (usually they want 77% +). A lot of your classmates will be nerds and tree huggers.

What I suggest for you is that if your set on going to York, accept the offer...in your first year, take whatever Environmental Studies courses you HAVE to take. They will force you to take at the very least, 1 course from your major. With your other credits, take Psychology as your "elective courses" and take whatever other courses you want to get a degree in. After first year, officially change your major to Psychology. Dont look at the few environmental studies courses you have to take as a waste of money, they will count towards your degree as elective credits.

And make sure you get good grades in 1st year or they wont let you switch majors. My biggest regret in university was taking first year lightly. In high school all you had to do was show up to class and you got an 80%. In University expect your marks to drop by 10% in the first semester but they will gradually improve.

Man thanks for the info, thats exactly what happened.
Another question, Let's say I get in to university can I pick which ever campus I want to liveon. Keele or Glendon? Or do I have to be at the residence my classes are at.

Originally Posted by TheAbove

lau... your leaving? going to do another program? can't put up with the hammer?

unfortunately i will be leaving. im graduating lol
frown.gif
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
tired.gif
grin.gif
( i dont even know waht to think). just gonna take some extracourses next yr @ york, would take them at mac, but too expensive for another yr
hoping for grad school in sept '09

Back
Top Bottom