Yankees and Twins have reached a deal on SANTANA...

Santana comes to the Yankees for...

Hughes, Melky & prospect

WFAN interview with Tony Massarotti of the Boston Herald. Official deal by Monday.

I can't believe what I'm hearing.
Can I cry now?

Personally, how things have changed.

When I heard this, my thoughts were: "I'm glad teh Red Sox didn't get him."

laugh.gif

Link?
aw man im gonna miss melky i loved him at CF. no more philthy
ohwell.gif

On one hand I'm happy we finally get some pitching, on the other hand I'm like *%*!!

He'll probably be a complete bust.

I'm just glad those @+*@ heads in Boston didn't get him.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

the red sox drove up the price, forcing the yankees to offer hughs
exactly. the sox could have had him if they offered ellsbury or buckholz in the deal. hopefully he is a bust. sox will be on top again next year.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I'm sorry, why would Johan Santana just magically turn into "a complete bust"?
Agreed. Johan is NASTY.

I'm just surprised that that's all Minny got for him.
smh.gif

Timberwolves, Twins. Same difference.

well if history prooves us anything the yanks always seem to go after the pitcher that was once a star and now in the twilight of their careers. this go aroundit seems as if Johan is still possibly either in his prime or still on his way up. it will be interesting to see how it turns out this time around.

i am glad to see us get a go to guy u just hope this prospect doesnt turn out to haunt us.

too bad they had to give up hughes, hes gonna be a good one. i bet cano is crying his little buddy melky is leaving
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I'm just surprised that that's all Minny got for him.
smh.gif

Timberwolves, Twins. Same difference.

Not at all. The twins had no leverage everyone knew that they could never afford to re-sign Johan. Melky is a 300 hitter who is an incredible fielder. PhilHughes was the #1 minor league prospect before getting called up and pitched great before his injury and in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by rockme11

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

the red sox drove up the price, forcing the yankees to offer hughs
exactly. the sox could have had him if they offered ellsbury or buckholz in the deal. hopefully he is a bust. sox will be on top again next year.

that's why the sox are really dangerous right now. they're loaded with young talent. they basically could offer any 2 or 3 guys that would have wonthe deal. yankees know that, so they had to pull the trigger to get him. the sox didn;t lose anything. they hold onto their talent. and have enuff $$$ to pickup the likes of bedard or haren or jake peavy in 1 or 2 years. and despite the yanks getting santana. soz are still favored to win the WS in 2008.

Back
Top Bottom