WTH Miles staying at LSU now?

dacomeup

Supporter
[h1]Source: Miles will remain coach at LSU[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 1, 2007, 12:52 PM ET

LSU coach Les Miles will meet with the media at the Georgia Dome before the SEC Championship Game to announce that he is staying at LSU, a source told ESPN.com.

LSU associate athletic director Herb Vincent said Saturday morning that ESPN reports that Miles had accepted the head coaching position at Michigan were "inaccurate." Miles agreed to a contract extension Saturday with LSU.

Miles, who played at Michigan and served two stints as an assistant under the late Bo Schembechler, has been eyed as a successor to Lloyd Carr, who stepped down after the Wolverines' loss to Ohio State last month.

Miles has been head coach at LSU since 2005. LSU is 32-6 with Miles at the helm, including 22 wins in his first 26 games as coach, and won 11 games in 2005 and 2006. The No. 7 Tigers (10-2), whose two losses this season both came in triple overtime, will play Tennessee in the SEC Championship Game on Saturday.

Miles also coached at Oklahoma State, posting a 28-21 record between 2001 and 2004, and was tight ends coach for the Dallas Cowboys between 1998 and 2000.

Miles has a 60-27 overall record in seven seasons as a head coach.

This is getting confusing... what happened with the story about Ferentz getting an offer last week?

lmao at espn...its not there fault there just reporting stuff...anywho miles is not smart if he stays.....win with mich and ur a god

smh.gif
smh.gif
ESPN gets exposed once again.

It seems like Michigan will get Les Miles every other weekend like a divorced parent....

Why would you leave coaching in the SEC? Please, the big 10 is a joke its like trading in a Lambo to drive a BMW.

How could you turn Michigan down though? One of the most storied programs in NCAAF history, and he played at the school. I can't believe that he is goingto turn this opportunity down. Does anyone else feel like this isn't the end of this saga?

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

How could you turn Michigan down though? One of the most storied programs in NCAAF history, and he played at the school. I can't believe that he is going to turn this opportunity down. Does anyone else feel like this isn't the end of this saga?

He's going to end up in Michigan when its all said and done, right now I think he just wants to keep his team focused on winning the game vs.Tennessee....

I don't think he should've addressed the media the way he did today. He's going to look like a flip-flopper.

Miles just had a press conference down at the SEC Championship Game and it really just sounds like he's trying to keep the team focused. He didn'treally rule out talking to Michigan at a later time it just sounds like he is being professional and focusing on LSU at this time.

miles said what he is suppose to say.no way he says he is going to michigan to everyone before the title game

Bill Martin has not spoken to Les Miles yet. They had set up the meeting for AFTER the SECCG. Michigan was not the ones trying to go behind peoples backs (likeNebraska) and get their guy ASAP without regard for LSU's feelings. Heres a rundown of what has been said.

ESPN says LSU grants Michigan the chance to talk to Les. ESPN takes that as they are speaking and have reached a deal. Bill Martin comes back and says thatthey haven't spoken to Les and will not speak to him until after the SEC CG.
Herbie then says that his sources have tld him that Miles will be named the new Michigan HC next week and is bringing Tenuta. The fact is, Michigan stillhasn't spoken with Miles about the job. To my knowledge, they haven't spoken to Tenuta either.
Miles then comes out and debunks the theory that he has an agreement and doesn't say that he has reached a contract extension with LSU.

The door is still open for Les to do both. But from what I have heard, he will be coming home to Michigan.

The thing people also do not realize is that LSU HAS to renegotiate his contract if he wins 10 games this year. He did that. Us Michigan fans have been toldthat he would more than likely listen to LSU and their pitch. He would also listen to Michigan and their pitch. NEITHER ONE HAS HAPPENED YET. ESPN is a joke ifthis is where you guys want to base your info from. The Tenuta stuff is still Herbie speaking and ZERO insiders have reported it. I am sure Bill Martin is downin Georgia this weekend because he was supposed to speak with Les sometime soon AFTER the game and Tenuta is coaching at GT. Something may have happened withthat but Martin has said nothing today.

Bottom line from me: I think Les is going to be coaching Michigan next year. and ESPN is looking like a very bad SPORTS reporter with their jumping back andforth.

"Why would you leave coaching in the SEC? Please, the big 10 is a joke its like trading in a Lambo to drive a BMW. "

ummm.. ok..

Mich>LSU

I agree with 745, its all just a show to keep his team focused. He still leaves when its all said and done.

they asked dude and he specifically said (this was pre-game, by some female reporter for CBS i believe) that he WILL coach LSU next year...so i don't know,this would be worse than Nick Saban and his flip-flopping if he ends up not keeping his word...

Michigan fans reaction when Miles said he was coming back:

I am hearing some pretty weird things about this whole thing. Something doesn't seem right and people are jumping to some bad conclusions. I guess we willhave to wait and see what happens tomorrow because the rumor is, Bill Martin is on a plane to NYC to meet with Les tomorrow. I am going to the store to getsome Guinness and get %%*$+% up on Black and Tans. Good night to you all.

Back
Top Bottom