Would you eat at a restaurant with a "C" rating?

Heck No. I'm sure even the one with the A ratings still got crazy stuff going on. I seen a pic of a dude at burger king standing on some lettuce. Grimy ******

it dont matter. the only way I know for sure my food is properly prepared in sanitary conditions is if i go out there and do it myself. From 5 star restaurants to hold in the wall take out joints, they cut corners, and try to maximize profit. Most of the times, place get notice of inspectors coming and tidy up like hell, similar to when you know a shorty coming through so you clean up. after they leave, it's back to business as usual. my boy worked in a BK, and when the inspector came, she gave them a B. the manager paid her $200 so she could "come again and re assess the situation". It got an A.

anyways, moral of the story . Yes, food establishments will cut corners to speed up service, but if you dont get sick, if you dont find hair or bugs in your food, why complain? read kitchen confidential by anthony bourdain. great read very informative.

It all depends on what they did in order to get a C, some times it could be the smallest things and has nothing to do with the food. So yeah i would

Most places I have been don't have it displayed as prominently as in that one commercial where the 2 dudes are eating the meatball sub and the proprietor is posting the C up behind them so I wouldn't even know. That said, I have definitely cut back on Subways inside of gas stations

So 220 dead roaches in the prep area and they only get shut down for a day? :lol:

Last edited:
even B makes me kind of skeptical but haven't had any bad experiences yet just because they have a B. I would eat at a C but I think I would feel like I'm expecting a bug to crawl out of my food or something so I'd probably be on my highest guard.

Only if that C wasn't expected. If it's like a cheap jamaican joint, some small hole in the wall shop, i wouldn't mind. If it's a place that bills itself as upscale and has a rep as such I wouldn't eat there. means a large drop off in quality.

-Don't know anyone who's gotten sick from the food
-If their cleanliness is rated so poorly, then the food has to be THAT good to keep the business afloat, right?
-Had my share of C-rated places, no complaints.

If it's like 2:30 in the morning and I'm faded from a night of bar hopping and it's in within walking distance?...probably. *shrugs*

Otherwise, no.

Back
Top Bottom