With the dunk contest around the corner, I pose a simple question...

Who has the best flair and elevation in the league?

I'd say nobody gets UP like LBJ, and I used to love Kobe's flair but he's so casual with it now... like...he pretends to soar instead of actually taking off
eyes.gif
. I kinda like the way Gerald Green dunks these days
pimp.gif

lbj attacks the rim like a mini shaq when he dunks, but he lacks variety

Originally Posted by DMan14

OFT. Im tired of seeing the same 3-4 dunks by LBJ. knowing he could do some off the wall *!%% if he actually tried
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MBen32

OFT. Im tired of seeing the same 3-4 dunks by LBJ. knowing he could do some off the wall *!%% if he actually tried
laugh.gif

but what's the point? How often do you see off the wall +$!% in games anyway? Very rarely.

As for the question...I'm going with Josh Smith.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

laugh.gif

but what's the point? How often do you see off the wall +$!% in games anyway? Very rarely.

Josh don't even count. He got moon boots on
smh.gif

laugh.gif

true, really isn't a point. but Vince, when he got the chance, would do some
eek.gif
type #+!% in games. Lebron gets enough fastbreaks alone to do more than that one handed cockback dunk
ohwell.gif

Yeah, true. Also, Vince is like the only dunker in videogame history to do the %$** in REAL LIFE in REAL games that he does on 2K9...
laugh.gif
.... well, he andK8be.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Josh Smith only has 3-4 dunks, too...
grin.gif
laugh.gif
ok...once again I ask...who is performing this myriad ofdunks you all seem to believe somebody has?

Like I said...in game...NOBODY is pulling off some jaw dropping %$#+. Ya'll need to lay the 2K9 down.

Who right now in the NBA...has a plethora of in game dunks?

Originally Posted by NYelectric

Flair and elevation? Clearly Nate Robinson.

Well yeah, but it ain't as fun to see him get to the rim as it is seeing Josh or LBJ looking down into the net.And K8be's hang time ballet is appreciated as well.

Maybe Rudy Gay... He's got some creativity and the posterizations.

Gerald Green is nice but he never plays so we can't really see what he's got

I really wish Joe Alexander would have been in the dunk contest, that guys so obsessed with dunking I bet he's got some crazy stuff under his belt

Rudy and Iggy IMO
(why didn't they make/ask Iggy to be in the DC this year) Rudy Fernandez? LOL
LeBron's dunks are crazy, because they are so powerful. But nobody really shows a lot of flair in game dunks. They try to take off from far away on thefast break, but that's about. Even in his prime, Vince was the only one CONSISTENTLY do contest dunks in the middle of the game.
Never forget that one he did on/around/past Chris Mullin WAY BACK in the half man/half amazing days...

Originally Posted by cmoweb

Never forget that one he did on/around/past Chris Mullin and Rik Smits
laugh.gif
WAY BACK in the half man/half amazing days...
Dude went up on one side for a two handed tomahawk, and then changed his mind in mid air and decided to fly over to the other side of the rimending up with a windmill reverse
sick.gif

Who right now in the NBA...has a plethora of in game dunks?
"Plethora" is a tough word, but my man JR Smith has a lot of different dunks. Reverse dunks, two hand, one hand, off one foot, off two,off the drop step, over dudes, open floor jams, alley oops, etc. Kid got elevation and flair, but he's often overlooked. I'm really not understandinghow a guy like Rudy Fernandez gets an invite to the dunk contest and JR doesn't. Oh well, guess I'm biased. Maybe it's just his image. I'mpretty sure Stern hates the kid.

Shout to Andre Iguodola and Rudy Gay, those guys have some nice dunks too.

Bonus: Kenyon Martin has some serious elevation for a guy his age and for being a veteran of the microfracture knee surgery game. He can get UP. He looksdown in the rim sometimes, and gets up on D a lot too. Not saying he has the best dunks cuz all he does is the 2 handed power jam, but he has incrediblehops.

I don't kno y LeBron scared to enter the dunk contest?...
eyes.gif

He probably scared that, if he enters the contest...errbody kno he gon win...then he end up losing!!!

Back
Top Bottom