Will Jordan ever end?

How long do y'all think Jordan Retro's will be released? They've been releasing over 20 years now, just trying to get some opinions. I hope they don't stop at least for the next 10 years , I just started my Jordan collection and want to build up to make up for the shoes I could't get as a kid. I would get maybe 2 pairs a year depending on if my mom wanted to spend 100 - 130 dollars for a pair of shoes. I would get a pair for school, fall semester and a pair for Christmas spring semester. Sorry if I rambled, anyone see an end coming to Jordan Retro releases, they can only release and re-release shoes so many times.

As long as there's money, JB won't die.
I can't see them cycling the same shoes over and over again, I say get tinker back and start a new signature line with a new star athlete to start preparing for the future.

Jordan brand will never die as longs as there is money invovle plus all they have to do is release new color ways and people will go crazy for them and if you think about JB has only released 1-14 right now they still got 15-23 to re-release i know if i can get my hands on pair of 17's i would be happy so yea JB ain't going nowhere for a long time

I can't see them cycling the same shoes over and over again, I say get tinker back and start a new signature line with a new star athlete to start preparing for the future.

They just did for the last 2 decades. Although it seems that JB has a sense of innovation in terms of style, they still fail miserably by slicing ideas from older signature models or making other designs that are just horrendous.

Recycling old ideas and heck even materials from those designs who sit on the shelf for too long.

"Hype and money" is the monicker of JB now unlike 20 years ago.

Last edited:
This is for life bro!! LOL, No seriously.. How long have converse been making Chucks? What about Nike Cortez? AF1's? All the classic addidas? As long as its people like us! It wont end!

They will continue retroing the Jordans until the demand is so low that they make minus.
You would think they learn that the demand for their off the wall innovations but they don't stop making them. They really need to slow down the releases, an avg joe with a job can't afford the time or money to go stand in line for hours every other saturday for a release. 

JB probably wont stop, but I definately see them slowing down releases to a few retroes a year. But probably down the line because now the shoe craze is too high in demand.

Short answer is no. Like many others said, as long as there is money to be made they will always make them. JB has tried to make new and different product,
but when we get sight of some "they suck" or they're ugly. So when they bomb, they stop trying to push the envelope and just go the safe route and "what works".
just like the movie industry, so many remakes/reboots/prequels. All out of fresh ideas.

As long as we continue to stuff cash down their pockets, they'll have no choice but to keep making them shoes...

JB needs to move on and prepare for the future. Creating signatures for athletes that are appealing is what they need to do.

Besides, they can't retro shoes forever. Within the last few years most people grails have been released and with all of the heat coming in 2013 I just can't see it continuing too much longer.

Interesting thing to note, most of JBs stuff that NT hates, actually sells pretty well. It doesn't do the first day, five minute sell out thing, but that's the exception not the rule in retail. Next time you're out just walking or driving around, look at what JB shoes people are wearing. At least in my city the vast majority are NOT retros, especially in people over 18-20. I see a lot of fusions still, and a lot of all of JBs other creations that don't even get a thread on this site. We also have a tendency to forget that JB makes its money when it sells its product to FTL, FNL, etc. NOT when we buy it. And those stores will continue to eat the cost of JBs "failures" because they have to in order to receive all of the hyped releases that are guaranteed sell outs.

Yah. releasing 500,000 pairs of the same shoe every 5-12 years is really overdoing it |I

Unless Nike goes under....NEVER.

In fact, the releases are becoming more and more common, I can a new retro release happen every week instead of every month.

as long as they sell like this, and i don't see them not ever selling like this for a while, then they won't end. but obviously they'll be a point in time where MJ and his kicks aren't as relevant

Not anytime soon and probably not in our lifetime. Nike has gotten bigger and bigger over the past few years. There will always be retros and we will still eat them up, that's just the way it is. There is no other sneaker/sports apparel company that is even close to Nike's level right now.

$100 shorts, RSVP systems for release day, $400+ resale prices... All for a company sponsored by signature athlete that hasnt played in 10 years... I dont think JB is going anywhere for a long time.

I'd probably have to agree..the way I see it the retro game isn't going anywhere because of the fact that young kids who didn't grow up watching jordan know about him because of hype so this trend will continue as the generations go on since jordan is dubbed the GOAT. People like myself who actually got to watch him play know where the shoes stem from whereas the young kids have to go and watch highlights and sometimes they just follow the hype without even knowing about mj. But as far as the jordan sig shoes for cp3 melo n dwade and all the other bball shoes jb comes out with that arent retroes I just dont see that part of the business growing for them. Long story short I just don't see jb going anywhere, its here to stay.

Look to the recent olympic 7 release they just came out in 2010 and there were people camping and acting like buffoons going wwe for them this year, they'll keep rereleasing everything and they WILL sell out , people are shocked if something "sits" for more then a day ,the executives at Jordan brand are laughing all the way to the bank

Yah. releasing 500,000 pairs of the same shoe every 5-12 years is really overdoing it
tired.gif
I'm talking about OG colorways of the original shoes, not all that other crap

Back
Top Bottom