why is it that the Oscars nominate actual good movies, while the Grammys nominate a bunch of BS...

the oscars will nominate a movie regardless of how much money it made.. quality over quantity.

meanwhile it seems that the grammy's are nothing more than a popularity contest that is somewhat based on sales, even if the music is trash, EX. 2 chainz..

what gives?

end rant//

Last edited:
Is 2Chainz even nominated?
yeah..

for rap album.

laugh.gif

nas shall win his first grammy award. life is good was too ill :pimp: :pimp: ive said it earlier, life is good is best album nas put out since illmatic

Two different award shows with different committees that vote on who is nominated and who wins. Integrity or lack thereof differs

Clearly the Grammys are just reflecting the state of mainstream music.

It's just free promotion. It's about making more money.

Oscars have their issues, but the grammy's are terrible

Only gonna be watching for the Taylor Swift performance.

I think the Oscars can get away with it because popular actors make good movies, happens pretty often. So they can get two in one, the artist is both really popular and talented. Ex. DiCaprio

On the otherhand, really popular musicians usually just make recycled pop songs, so they have to make a choice on whether they want the popular artist or the talented one. Ex. Justin Bieber, 2Chainz, etc

Last edited:
And :smh: at hating on 2 Chainz...
I can't help it I'm addicted to the rubber bands!!!

Last edited:
I think the Oscars can get away with it because popular actors make good movies, happens pretty often. So they can get two in one, the artist is both really popular and talented. Ex. DiCaprio

On the otherhand, really popular musicians usually just make recycled pop songs, so they have to make a choice on whether they want the popular artist or the talented one. Ex. Justin Bieber, 2Chainz, etc
these are they type of answers i was expecting..

repped.

2 Chainz>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>* based on entertainment value alone. The whole album is :rofl: :smokin So many hilarious quotes... Lighten up

"I got that crinaaaaackkk!!!"

Last edited:
2 Chainz>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>* based on entertainment value alone. The whole album is
roll.gif
smokin.gif
So many hilarious quotes... Lighten up

"I got that crinaaaaackkk!!!"
I think we've lighted up a bit too much.  Look at how easily we're amused... Harlem Shake?

It's just another way for junk to get a pass, by saying lighten up.  Party/Fun mainstream music doesn't have to always have to be garbage

Last edited:
2chainz album was a let down and I wasn't even expecting much.. tru realigion >

the cover's hard tho

Very cool observation. I, however, will neither confirm nor deny its validity.

Back
Top Bottom