Why does it seem like Busta Rhymes doesn't get any respect??

spot rusherz

Banned
Like whenever I see someone post their top 25 rappers or somethin...Busta is never named
nerd.gif

He has 3 Classic Albums The Coming,E.L.E,When Disaster Strikes.....Theyaren't perfect,but they are classic.

Where would busta be on your list of top 25?

A friend of mine told me his favorite rapper was Busta. I peered at him quite quizzically.

As much of a lyricist and flow-er he is, He was/is too goofy at times.

People tend not to take you seriously after that.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Like whenever I see someone post their top 25 rappers or somethin...Busta is never named
nerd.gif

He has 3 Classic Albums The Coming,E.L.E,When Disaster Strikes.....They aren't perfect,but they are classic.

That's the thing. He doesn't have the UNDENIABLE classic under his belt. I respectBusta cause dude BEEN around since the late 80s and he stayed relevant by being innovative and creative (and not D-riding current hot artists F** J**) but hedoesn't have that CLASSIC ALBUM, IMO.

for some reason Busta just doesnt do it for me...like nowadays i dont even check him for what lyrically he has to say (as if i ever have) but for theproduction he's rapping on which most of the times is
eek.gif

Originally Posted by bodyfullapolo

alot of rappers have songs like that...and they still can be considered top 25...

alot of rappers have songs like that...and they still can be considered top 25...

eminem... hov ludacris ect.... all have comical tracks...

I have ultimate respect for Busta his music list of hits is crazy and like dude said he's never been the one to change to whatever the latest fad is. Eventhough I've seen him in concert it wasn't that long, one of my wishes would be to see him Live for an hr AT LEAST.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

I have ultimate respect for Busta his music list of hits is crazy and like dude said he's never been the one to change to whatever the latest fad is.

indifferent.gif
, I came in here just to say the opposite. he went fromLeaders of the new school to "call the ambulance"

Originally Posted by PeterJamesThe3rd

Yea, I was speaking more image-wise.

He's just not that good to me....
ohwell.gif

I mean, he's better than average....And his Flow is
eek.gif
sick.gif
at times....But, I dunno.... Never thought he was some upper echelon rapper...

He does have bangers, classic songs and classic verses....

He's not wack though.....Far from it actually...

Originally Posted by dreClark

He's just not that good to me....
ohwell.gif

I mean, he's better than average....And his Flow is
eek.gif
sick.gif
at times....But, I dunno.... Never thought he was some upper echelon rapper...

He does have bangers, classic songs and classic verses....

He's not wack though.....Far from it actually...

That's how I feel.

If somebody were to ask me the best rappers in my opinion, his name wouldn't even pop up in my brain.

Is flow IS disgusting at times but TO ME he does not say anything thats
eek.gif

nerd.gif

He has 3 Classic Albums The Coming,E.L.E,When Disaster Strikes.....They aren't perfect,but they are classic.

I miss that busta.....E.L.E was just
sick.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
Real talk---he came CORRECT on every single track, He'd and his camp was tight on their tracks as well. That busta is def in my top 5 maybe butdefinitely my top 10. He was my fav rapper for a long a** time until he that danger stuff came out

DUDE HAS ALOT OF HITS AND BEEN AROUND FOR WAY 2 LONG NOT TO BE IN A LEGITIMATE TOP 25........HE'S LIKE THE CHARLES BARKLEY OF RAP........NEVER GONNA GETTHE CHAMPIONSHIP......BUT STILL A SUCCESSFUL CAREER

I used to have Busta very high in my rankings (like top 15) and thought 'The Coming' was a classic disc...but then I started listening much closer andI realized...Busta is, simply put, very entertaining. But as far as skill, he's not THAT great. Add that to the fact that he'sconsistently gotten worse throughtout his career and you have nothing to support any claims that his is a great artist.

Originally Posted by PeterJamesThe3rd

Yea, I was speaking more image-wise.

175059__busta_l.jpg

ALOT of people buy into image and for years Busta was viewed as a clown. I mess with Andre 3000heavy but I gotta admit, I'm shocked he's as popular as he is dressing the way he does. Whether people wanna beleive it or not, the truth is consumersand fans even choose the majority of their favorite rappers based on image.

I kind of feel the same way about Luda dre...

I respect the hell out of him, I'm just not a fan.

I feel exactly the same about both of them ... they both can drop ..
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
verses/songs at times but I don't have a classic album from either.Both drop consistantly average albums to me.

I lost every shred of respect I still had for this man after the incident in which his best friend/bodyguard was killed in front of him and he refused to rideout or talk to the police. You can't watch your man get killed and then do nothing. Period. Also, he took his image from bein a goofy, fun-lovin duderappin with Leader's of the New School, ATCQ, etc. to being a gangster rappin bout coke and all that. The dude's a clown, not in a funny way.

As far as music, the first half of his career was great, the second half was pretty wack.

^ Co-Sign, Dude should have snitched. Watching a murder happen is not cool. He let the money get too him worried about being labeled a snitch by everyone butthere are times when talking to the police is necessary.
l
l
l

^ What dudes fail to understand is that's not even snitching. It's not like Busta would be turning someone in as part of a deal with the prosecution togive him a break for crimes he committed. It's reporting the murder of your best friend and helping put the people responsible for it inprison where they belong. The cats who killed Israel Ramirez are walking the street cause Busta's too much of a p***y to do something about it. And Idon't care about his career, his street cred, etc. If that's more important to him than bringing his friend's killers to justice, he is truly adespicable person. If your friend gets murked and you saw it, you have 2 options:
a) Cooperate with the investigation
b) Ride on the dudes responsible
Anything else and I can't respect you as a man.

B. Rhymes gets respect from me. I've always liked his music and his skill is undeniable. At times he can be corny as hell though. But honestly, seeing thisdude live erases all of that.

Dude puts on the LIVEST SHOW EVER. Nothing but pure energy for 60+ minutes.

Back
Top Bottom