Who is your NBA Coach of the Year?

roc boy jada

Banned
I don't think that there is any clear cut winner right now. I really think it is between these men.

Phil Jackson
capt.c07a1c9e29f04b81b731b9f81804b47c.lakers_hornets_basketball_lars111.jpg

Byron Scott
capt.f7ac2c117f074559a81aad3a346b7c6d.spurs_hornets_basketball_lars113.jpg

Rick Adelman
xin_10050424084533711391.jpg

Doc Rivers
rivers_portland400600.jpg

Out of all these guys I would go with Byron Scott.

Phil or Doc.
Phil if the Lakers are number #1 in the west.
I looked into it and he has only won once...i thought there would be more.

Mo Cheeks is my darkhorse candidate...

Dude made chicken salad out of chicken %%*%. Albeit they're in the East...what he's done with THAT team is pretty significant.

Tough call, but you couldn't go wrong with Byron Scott, Rick Adelman or Phil Jackson.

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Tough call, but you couldn't go wrong with Byron Scott, Rick Adelman or Phil Jackson.

Yep. I'd say out of those 3, the one that ends up with the #1 seed or the best record out of those three.

Byron Scott, but I'd say it's too early to call it..... You have the Rockets, Lakers, and Hornets still battling for that #1 spot.

And yes, the COY will come from the West.
smile.gif

Adelman.

Scott has Peja, CP3, Tyson, and West.

Doc has the Three Amigos.

Phil has Dirty Snake, Lamar, Bynum (and now Pau).

Rick has the second longest streak in L history. I think a lot of you are over-looking this streak and bit of history here. He also has the Rockets in FIRSTplace in the West (without Yao) when everyone predicted that Houston wouldn't even be in the top 8 right now.

Hell, Byron and Phil may not even MAKE the playoffs if they have a bad week (which is entirely possible). Rick may not either, but he still has the streak topoint at.

It's still early, but to me this isn't even close right now.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Why Doc Rivers? The success on that team is due to the players.

I'd give it to Byron Scott.

You could say that about every team. You certainly have to commend him for how the players blended in right away. No chemistry issues, and the best recordin the NBA. Ubuntu.

Anyways, after saying that, I'd still give it to Phil Jackson. Going into the season with the whole Kobe situation, there was potential for disaster.And ultimately they are right near the top of the Western Conference. He's resurrected the Lakers in just a year of being there again.

Back
Top Bottom