Who is the best player in baseball today?

Just like the title says.  Who do you think is the best player in the Major Leagues right now?  Not who do you think will be in a year or two.  Not who has the best resume.  Who is the #1 player in the game at this very minute.

My pick:

Josh_Hamilton0621121-540x360.jpg

Kemp's been hurt basically since the start of May.

Andrew McCutchen sure is fun to watch, so I'll be in the minority and go with him.

End of the season: Mike Trout

Originally Posted by tengoeljugode

Bryce Harper
Not sure if serious.  Honestly if we are talking right this second, there are 50+ players I would take over Harper.  Maybe even 75-100.

Originally Posted by k3njaminz

Mike Trout is slowly creeping in there...

Nothing "slow" about his rise...
But at the moment I'd go with Joey Votto. Best pitcher is Justin Verlander. That guy is a bull in a stable of horses. 

laugh.gif
 @ Bryce. He'll need a couple thousand ABs before his eye catches up to his power, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's considered the best by the time he's in his prime. 

King Albert 
laugh.gif

Currently: Hamilton and Matty Kemp. Gonna have to move the "Bison" to corner OF eventually because he's too big to be roaming CF (injury concerns). FedEx Braun, Miggy, CarGo, Ellsbury close behind. 
For the future: Trout, Harper, Cutch, Justin Upton. Maybe Trumbo as well, can't field worth a lick though. 
Best pitcher over the past 18 to 20 months: Verlander, hands down. Kershaw and Doc close. 

Future pitching stars: Sale and Yu. 

30t6p3b.gif
@ cano being mentioned twice in here so far. the yankee hate is as strong here as it is in kansas city ......

all jokes aside theres no way he should be getting overlooked here ....

Originally Posted by dland24

Not sure if serious.  Honestly if we are talking right this second, there are 50+ players I would take over Harper.  Maybe even 75-100.   
STOP it. You don't even believe that yourself.

There isn't a single player who impacts the game more than Bryce. He hits in front of a garbage Ryan Zimmerman and is really the only bat to be feared in the Nationals lineup.

^ One, Cano is the undisputed king at 2B over Kinsler, Uggla, Utley, Phillips, Kip, etc. But I can't honor Robby being the best overall ball player. Not with Matty and Hamilton around. 

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

^ One, Cano is the undisputed king at 2B over Kinsler, Uggla, Utley, Phillips, Kip, etc. But I can't honor Robby being the best overall ball player. Not with Matty and Hamilton around. 

put that way i can understand it. hamilton is a beast . wonder what his career woulda been had he not had the slip ups ...

Originally Posted by tengoeljugode

Originally Posted by dland24

STOP it. You don't even believe that yourself.

There isn't a single player who impacts the game more than Bryce. He hits in front of a garbage Ryan Zimmerman and is really the only bat to be feared in the Nationals lineup.

I absolutely believe that.  We are talking about RIGHT THIS SECOND.  Not talking about how good he will be next year, 3 years from now, or in his prime.  Right now.   No way does Harper impact the game more than any player in baseball.  That statement is absolutely comical.

Back
Top Bottom