Who here plays golf well. ?

Do we have any plus handicaps on here? Any college golfers? I played for Wisconsin and am scratch. Anyone play tournament golf? I play in New York and amalways looking for a match. Where do you guys play? Whats your handicaps? Let$ go!

Mine is pretty high. I just started playing a lot this summer.

When my mom got remarried, my stepdad belonged to a really nice country club. So I became a member. Its really nice. Never have to pay
pimp.gif

im used to play regularly. i just started being more consistant about it again. its a lot of fun.
last time i checked my handicap was 9. i have played poppy hills in pebble beach, bayonet and blackhorse,
corral de tierra, del monte, all these courses in the monterey/salinas area here in california.

now i live in the fresno area so i have been playing these mediocre courses. its cool though. im about to bring it down to like a 5 though.

never have carried an official handicap - but in knowing how the process works and looking at my scores the last two years, i'm about a 13 or so. Not verygood, but getting better all the time.

Tomorrow will be my first round of the year...hope to be around a 10 for the season.

It was down to around a 5, then college started. Haven't picked up the sticks in a while

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

It was down to around a 5, then college started. Haven't picked up the sticks in a while
damn son...a 5? that's nice.

i shot the temperature today...i ain't gonna say, but it was hot as hell outside.
laugh.gif

i hope you guys ain't cheating the golf gods. we play the ball down, play by the ALL the rules, no mulligans, no gimmes.

I hate to brag but damn Im good, If golf was a gun I'd be clint eastwood.

In Florida, In Tampa at Babes and Rogers Park, In Orlando only Eastwood. Mainly I play in Tampa cuz I play for Free since My Brother is Head Pro and runsthe Tampa Sports Golf program
When I get a chance to hit up NYC I play Douglaston, Clearview and only on special occ. wit pops Bethpage Blue course

U live on the Island? How'd you shoot on Black? Ive yet to get a tee time there...

U ever play in jersey? Knob Hill ?

How tough is it to get a time at Blue?

For 3 days a week, I get to go hack up the course I work at...Ekwanok, a Top 100 Classic Course up in the mountains.

Lot better than that city golf.

Anyone ever got to play Brookline in Boston??? I hope I can get out find a way on there somday

Blue is easy, Ive been able to go to Blue at 10 am on Saturday and walk 18 in a 4 some. and have very little wait on greens.
Black is stupid now ever since the US Open cus now everyone wants to play it as a claim to fame I guess...

All the courses at Bethpage are easier to get on than people make them out to be. If you can get to Black as a single on a weekend, maybe by 8 and get a timeby 11:30ish, then hit balls and putt, If not walk on way earlier. If you live in New York state you can register your drivers license and use a phone system tobook times 7 days in advance. Though it's hard to get threw when the Black times are up, you can get something before 1 if you know what you're doing.Blue is much easier to get onto than black, and is a much easier course. I shot a 65 there in a qualifier in 2004. Career Round. Besides the courses atBethpage, other great courses in New York, La Tourette on Staten Island, Eisenhower Park, I play at a lot of country clubs in tournaments, this summer I'mplaying Trump national, North Hills hopefully Friar's Head, CC of Fairfield.

WOW, 65!, props...my best on blue was an 81, lol...

But yea, as u were saying, Bethpage isn't too bad if you can get through the phone system...i heard a rumor tho that ppl that live in certain areas of LongIsland get into the phone system easier (something in the way the phone lines are set up), also heard they sell the tee times, but who knows, maybe that'sjust a rumor...

but yea, i play in ny...if ur on LI, Bethpage is nice, Eisenhower (RED ONLY, the others are garbage), and Harbor Links are all nice and relativelyinexpensive...

in queens, there's Kissena (surprisingly well maintained and usually not too crowded), Douglaston (they let u play in the winter, which is good to know)...

i only play the public courses bc im cheap, lol

just played today. par 72. shot an 87. damn it felt good. striking the ball well just 90+ degrees here. sucked.

Back
Top Bottom