Where do you work in the DMV?

Just as the title says, just trying to see what NT members in the area do for work:

me, as you know from my WDYWT posts, I do IT work out in Sterling, www.neustar.biz

im a contractor for verizon select services, we install new phone equipment into business, or do upgrades and repairs, im still training to be a tech, but imake pretty good money for what i do, once i get that certification tho ill be "ballin" . my office is out chantilly off route 50

Yeah.. I love these Posts.. we did one a few years back that might have been bumped for Networking Purposes...

I work all over..as a Consultant again... Office in DC, Fairfax and of course out of the Home is the Main Office in G-Ville..

Special Projects in Baltimore in progress. Click Clack.

Hey Rico.. do they only give money to Negros? Silly question I know.. but wondered if Caucasions ever applied? How does that money get split up anyway??

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

Baltimore City D.O.T

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif
i wanted to get a job for VDOT doin road construction n stuff, but the hours were mad weird, start workin at 1130 at night and dont get off til 8in the morning, negative

they pay good tho

DK-I working for a State funded,non-profit compamy that manages people with disabilities in Columbia.

im starting my own business soon. I been working for my uncles home improvment company.

with the economy.. i couldnt find the job with the $$$ ... so i got back into my god given talents .

You need something done.. big or small.. holla at me.

Rock..good question..funny how many ignorant calls i recieve with people OF ALL ETHNICITIES saying they won't be helping any NEGROES go to school.

Anyone of any race can apply and get accepted for a scholarship, but they have to go to an HBCU (Historically Black College or University) upon which we aresupported by. There used to be 45 schools supported by the UNCF but we are now down to 39 i believe, which is due to some Colleges/Univ. losing there credits.

Our money is classified in two major ways UNRG (unrestricted) and RERG (Restricted). Restricted funds usually come by way of donors who write us a letter alongwith their dontation stating where they word like their money to go.. ie a University, a student, or they leave it up to us to select a sponsered student oruniversity to give the money to.

UNRG funds are used for company resources as well as scholarship money.

FYI..About 70% of our donor demographic are actually elder upper class caucasion women. And we look at prospects with a 3.0 or higher, 3.2's and up dorecieve a little more attention. Not too sure, that work is handled out of my department.

There is a lot more this organization as well as others could do as far as minority school scholarships go.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Scotch, I didn't know you worked in Columbia. Where are your offices?
Right off of Old Columbia near Kings Contrivance.

I didn't realize Tactus was out this way either.

Back
Top Bottom