What's your parent's opinion on your sneaker addiction?

What up NT. I just had a fight with my parents about my sneakers.. I ony have about 38 and they're saying I can't buy anymore.. And the worst part is,I work for my own money! How are they gonna tell me what to spend my own money on?!

But NT I would like to ask you guys/gals out there..What is your parent's opinion on your "sneaker addiction"?

they get upset if they think I'm not saving $

but I pay rent and show them my bank statements and don't hear anything for about a year.

$$$= independence
which is why they leave me alone... also why I don't have my own place
laugh.gif

Most parents don't think it's wise spending so much money on sneakers.

Especially since we all own 5+ pairs.

My mom didn't like it but it was my money.
After a while she just stopped giving me the speech.

When I used to collect J's my mom thought it was actually a good thing because I was not only collecting but I would snipe stuff on ebay all the time andjust resell on ISS I would actually be makin pretty good profits for a high school kid. Your parents just don't want you to be irresponsible with yourmoney is all..

Originally Posted by StonedFace

When I used to collect J's my mom thought it was actually a good thing because I was not only collecting but I would snipe stuff on ebay all the time and just resell on ISS I would actually be makin pretty good profits for a high school kid. Your parents just don't want you to be irresponsible with your money is all..

I feel you on that.. Another thing they like about it, Is it keeps me out of trouble. But, they thinks it's a waste of money..
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by IAlreadyGotThose

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

You 14 years old, though

I work for my uncle at his auto shop... Cleaning windows, floors etc. But I don't get like a paystamp.

damn. You make money. How do i go about applying for the window/floor cleaning position? How much money you making?

Originally Posted by IAlreadyGotThose

What up NT. I just had a fight with my parents about my sneakers.. I ony have about 38 and they're saying I can't buy anymore.. And the worst part is, I work for my own money! How are they gonna tell me what to spend my own money on?!

But NT I would like to ask you guys/gals out there..What is your parent's opinion on your "sneaker addiction"?
I am in the same EXACT ship.

I am 19, and worked for every single pair of sneakers I own, but my parents manage my money, so I have to end up asking them for it, and there is always a bigargument, smh..
grin.gif

my parents are the same way. i work for all my kicks and what not... but they really want me to save up and spend it on like a car or for colege.... but i justsay " you only live once so try and do what you like".. if i told that to them, they would most definitely laugh

It is a waste of money. If you're buying shoes to resell, you're buying shoes for the wrong reason. You take away from people who genuinely want theshoes, and try to squeeze a profit out of it. That's greed if you ask me. If I had listened to my parent's sage advice when I was 19, I wouldn'thave wasted thousands of dollars on shoes. Now I have 70 pairs of shoes that just sit in a closet in their boxes, that rarely ever get worn. I'd be happyto sell them for what I paid for them, but that's unlikely. If you're only 14, take your parents advice, you can get out of the game while you'restill ahead. STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY ON SHOES.

i only have like less than 15 pairs and they think i need to slow down...i have kinda splurged in the last half year though so its somewhat understandable

i got my mom hooked on sneakers and shoes and the obsession with matching and coordinating.
my dad complains that i should stop shopping and buying shoes, but it's not like im using his money to satisfy my "high"
my mom's opinion has always been the most important to me so yea...
grin.gif

They hated it. Both of them understood that it was the cool thing to do, so I didn't really catch too much heat for it, but now I realize I should havelistened.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by soltheman

They hated it. Both of them understood that it was the cool thing to do, so I didn't really catch too much heat for it, but now I realize I should have listened.
smh.gif

Got my pockets on lint status
frown.gif

Bingo!

Originally Posted by eaalto

It is a waste of money. If you're buying shoes to resell, you're buying shoes for the wrong reason. You take away from people who genuinely want the shoes, and try to squeeze a profit out of it. That's greed if you ask me. If I had listened to my parent's sage advice when I was 19, I wouldn't have wasted thousands of dollars on shoes. Now I have 70 pairs of shoes that just sit in a closet in their boxes, that rarely ever get worn. I'd be happy to sell them for what I paid for them, but that's unlikely. If you're only 14, take your parents advice, you can get out of the game while you're still ahead. STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY ON SHOES.

I agree and understand your statement about greed, and I think should only be applied to the people that cop multiple multiple pairs of shoes on a release dateclearing out all sizes and +*+@ only to try and resell at +$50 a pop on top of what they paid. I sniped a pair of Spacejams for 180 shipped a while ago onebay, and resold it for $290 meetup about a month later.. greed? No. Just being business smart and taking advantage.

My mom thought I ODed once I surpassed 50+ pairs. I did kind of quit the last 2 years tho. Unless the sneaker has some sort of meaning to me I don't bothergetting it anymore.

i rarely ever buy new shoes now..but back when i did..they thought it was a waste of money

looking back now..it was..i bought so many shoes back then
smh.gif
could have beengetting blown instead
pimp.gif

Parents call me an idiot for having so many shoes..... but now they dont care. They even get me shoes for b-day and x-mas, and im 24 now
tongue.gif

they thought it was a waste which it was...
even tho it was my own money i could have spent it better...

Back
Top Bottom