What's Wrong With CanadaPost These Days?

It's been taking a hella long time to receive stuff lately, even after the holidays... Dude shipped out some posters last tuesday and they still ainthere yet, and ive been hearing other complaints as well... Anyone else been experiencing problems?

I made a thread a week back about CP receiving stuff late/taking too long to update tracking...
eyes.gif

best bet is to wait or make a tracing request
tired.gif

I hope not... I have some PE's coming from T.O.... they said it should only take 3 business days from there to here.

yeah im waiting on some V's and its taking a long time its been a little sloppy over there

dont know if canadapost has done this before or not, but since X-mas my packages shipped from the US has been ending up at my door without a 'knock' atthe door first. they have hired these part-timers with their own cars dropping off shoe-box size package, and they do not ring the bell or anything, just dropoff and leave. its lucky my package has not been stolen...

they used to send me a pick up notice at my mailbox then i go pick up at my local post office.

so watch out about this also, check your door daily or something...

anticop23, thats really strange and it hasnt happened to me... MY GODZILLAS FINANLLY CAME IN YESTERDAY, but i wasnt home at the time of delivery so the guyleft the slip at my door and i picked em up today... thankfully he just didnt leave the box outside...

I believe the way that Canadapost delivers will depend on what the sender paid for in the US. For instance, if the sender paid for USPS First ClassInternational Mail, then Canadapost's delivery method will be "drop off and leave".

Any other higher up/ more expensive shipping options (ie. USPS Express), Canadapost will use the delivery notice.

but all this is just a guess...

My SMALL PACKET priority mail from the U.S. was mailed on the 18th and it still hasn't arrived. It's been 10business days and it got me sweating already coz it's a package of a high value declared for chump change to avoid getting taxed
frown.gif
The last tracking says it's @ the customs in Quebec and theres slim to nonechances I'll get it today because of the snow storm.

I believe the way that Canadapost delivers will depend on what the sender paid for in the US. For instance, if the sender paid for USPS First Class International Mail, then Canadapost's delivery method will be "drop off and leave".

Any other higher up/ more expensive shipping options (ie. USPS Express), Canadapost will use the delivery notice.
Yes, you're right about that. If it's just first class they'll leave it at your doorstep AKA the finders keepers method. Priority andExpress does need a signature.

just an update:

2008/02/06 07:28 VILLE ST-LAURENT, QC International item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post

Fina-Fng-Ly.

damnthosejs, incorrect about the first class method, a ton of my packages have been sent first class or whatever the standard is and they've required asignature or me to go to the post office to pick it up

Personally and normally I don't. Based from my research, the only way you can get a signature confirmation (or signature of any sort) is through Priorityand EMS (or next day of course).I also checked that on USPS.com before I got my package shipped to me and I ended up getting priority since 1st class did nothave signature confirmation, so I don't really know on how Canadapost does it.

That's based off my 7 years experience buying stuff online btw.

Yeah, I'm waiting on a few things too.

It might be Canada Post, or the seller scamming me....

I finally got it safe and sound without getting taxed. It was a heck of a wait though and a lesson learned.

[table][tr][th=""]Date of Event[/th] [th=""]Time of Event[/th] [th=""]Location[/th] [th=""]Description[/th] [th=""]Retail Location[/th] [th=""]Signatory Name[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2008/02/07[/td] [td]AM[/td] [td]ETOBICOKE, ON[/td] [td]Item successfully delivered[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008/02/07[/td] [td]07:41[/td] [td]ETOBICOKE, ON[/td] [td]Item out for delivery[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008/02/07[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Signature image recorded for Online viewing[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008/02/06[/td] [td]07:28[/td] [td]VILLE ST-LAURENT, QC[/td] [td]International item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008/01/22[/td] [td]13:27[/td] [td]VILLE ST-LAURENT, QC[/td] [td]International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008/01/18[/td] [td]23:40[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008/01/17[/td] [td]16:31[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]International item mailed in origin country[/td] [/tr][/table]
I got two more things coming my way with one being a first class post from USPS. Let's see on how long it takes.

Yeah I'm starting to get annoyed, I have two things coming to me in the mail that should have been here already...

yea canada post just squeezed my package between my screendoor and my door. when i opened my screen door the package just fell on the ground. i was prettyshocked i didnt have to pick it up at the post office or something.

What happens if u live in thos neihbor hoods that u dont have a mail box so u gotta go to something to pick up ur mail, i dont know what its called. so how dopackages work for that?

Back
Top Bottom