Whats the big deal behind Gears of War 2...

I just spent 60 bucks on this game and I feel like I wasted my money. I turned it on for about 5 minutes and it just wasnt fun to me.I just put in COD WaW(which is
pimp.gif
btw.) Is there some kind of special mode or something thatssoo fun? I might give it one more chance before i trade it for Saints Row 2.

It's a fun game, why don't you like it? The single player is one of the better single player experiences out there, horde mode is really fun withfriends, and if they'd ever patch up the bugginess with the multi-player, it'd be the 3rd best MP game ever behind halo and cod4... even with thebugginess it's still probably top 5
laugh.gif

If you don't get it, i guess you don't get it... but all the critics can't be wrong, the game has something going for it and i agree with most ofthem - it's a fun experience with a good bit of replayability and lots of fun in the MP modes.

gears of war ..something you have to play through to get a good feel of it. play it online. maybe you need to practice with controls.

-Dlo
UNDFT

GOW2 is the game of the year, and Ill probably be on this game for months and months to come, online is was too addicting

GOW>COD

no questions asked

They went into this knowing they were changing the shotgun. Everything is amazing except multiplayer. Not being able to shoot from the hip accurately makes themultiplayer unbalanced. I don't care if they were trying to make it realistic, when was the last time any fought a mutant race of underground tunnelersthat shoot back? Fix it, Cliff. Until then the most I'll play this game is for Horde.

The campaign is probably the most incredible thing I've ever played in terms of graphics.

campaign is amazing, and you really want to trade this in for saints row 2, the first one was not really that good so why buy the second one.
seriously though i dont remember being as involved and into any game in a very long time as i am with gears

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

GOW2 is the game of the year, and Ill probably be on this game for months and months to come, online is was too addicting

GOW>COD

no questions asked
you have to admit the ending was super weak. and for that reason alone this cant be the game of the year.

Playing Horde for GoW2 with friends is
pimp.gif
...its mad fun, but I'drather play CoD:WaW online..especially the other day with fellow NTers they were killin!

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Originally Posted by thePHOking

COD 4 > all

after a year and a bit, its still my favorite game to play online
Yep.
pimp.gif

GOW>COD

no questions asked

Unless you mean GOW > COD:WAW
In that case, you get the nod too

Side note, Saints Row 2 is nice.
Better than GTAIV by a LONG SHOT.
Much more fun.

Yeah ive been hooked on gears ever since since the first one came out. I need to get a new xbox so I can get back and start playing again. Trade in Gears forthat Grand Theft Auto look alike?
laugh.gif
You gotta be kidding me.

Give it some time you honestly probably dont like it because you arent very good yet. Get some practice online and once you get better you will see why its sofun.

play co-op with a friend or play horde mode with 4 friends.

oh and it seems like you didnt play Gears of War 1? why get 2 right away?

I've been playin GOW2 since it came out and i got no problems wit it... gotta get use to it. Gonna be playin this online for a while... only thing i'dplay before this is COD4 since WaW is wack... and Saints Row? Really?... first wasnt that good... keep GOW

Originally Posted by kickz4me82

GOW>COD

no questions asked
you have to admit the ending was super weak. and for that reason alone this cant be the game of the year.

What? Are you kidding? The ending was fine. It answered questions and asked some more, just like the second chapter of a trilogy is supposed to do.

I really enjoy Gears, campaign mode was really fun and visually amazing and getting a bunch of friends together for horde is
pimp.gif

1 word, HORDE. I used to have a problem w/ it as well but once I start gettin used to it, it got a lil more fun. It's the only game I have besides Halo3. Itraded in all my other games. I'm an RPG dude so I'm waitin til GF2 to come out in Feb then I'm out for a couple months.lol

This is my reaction after buying Gears of War 2:

Day 1 when I bought the game:
eek.gif

Weeks 1-3 after I bought the game:
grin.gif
- mostly due to the lagging
Now:
eek.gif
:wow:eek

All you need to do is find a multiplayer game that doesn't lag and if you kill 4 people at once with the hammer of dawn, trust me, you'll get hooked.Territories is the most fun mode in GOW2 IMO.

Originally Posted by ethanlee29

epic dropped the ball big time with gears2. the multiplayer is doo doo compared to gears1

you taking crazy pills? multi-player's where it's at

I hate playing Multi-Player. I beat the game co-op Hardcore, but that's it. I don't like the lack of ability to respawn like, instantly. Sure you haveGuardian, but even then you have to wait like 35 secs or so. It's a beautiful game, just not that fun online. I am going to trade mine back in for Halo 3 Ithink, and get ready for Recon.

Gears of War 2 is the game of the year no questions asked

No offense OP but u probably suck hard at this game especially if u only played it for 5 minutes and liked COD:WAW better.

Back
Top Bottom