What was your starting salary/wage straight out of college? vol. realistic

got my Associates Degree in Electronics, Computers, Telecommunications Technology
im an electronic assembler for AAI which is a military contractor
as far as salary i only been working for 2.5 months so haven't seen a full year's salary but i see no less then $600 every week after taxes
i just turned 20 and aint no where to go but up

45k in va. @21 in 07.
bba in business mgmt.
i was a sales mgr at jcp

i make a lot more now

20K to 30K TOPS!!!!...anymore than that they're lying.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ccb21040

got my Associates Degree in Electronics, Computers, Telecommunications Technology
as far as salary i only been working for 2.5 months so haven't seen a full year's salary but i see no less then $600 every week after taxes
might be 34-37k

Originally Posted by ccb21040

Wow that's pretty good.

Are you gonna further your education, like go for a bachelors in some kind of engineering, or are you "satisfied" with where you are rightnow--financially and educationally speaking?

Originally Posted by presequel

Originally Posted by Kakashi

indifferent.gif
roll.gif
http://www.bls.gov/OCO/

let's end the speculation and suspense
indifferent.gif

you dudes do not live in a real world....let alone ever attempted to.
smh.gif

more than 30K with a ba first year?....he sells drugs otherwise it's not happening

vol. realistic

business major
my title was a project coordinator (whatever that means)
starting out mid 30s

speaking of jobs, i need one bad

indifferent.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

smh.gif

more than 30K with a ba first year?....he sells drugs otherwise it's not happening

vol. realistic

nah son, not every one majors in some sort of business field or graduates with no experience. Pick the right field and get enough experience and you can seestacks.

indifferent.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

smh.gif

vol. realistic
VOL. I got more than 30k with a BA first year. almost double that.

i graduated 3 years ago.

its one thing to say 30k is the average. its another to say people are straight up LYING if they say they got more than 20-30k out of college.

post where you live as well... cost of living adjustments mean something for your wages/salaries

seattle - i made 30k out of college
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

indifferent.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

smh.gif

vol. realistic

nah son, not every one majors in some sort of business field or graduates with no experience. Pick the right field and get enough experience and you can see stacks.

lol...ba means "bachelor" degree,

like is said 20-30K tops
roll.gif

Originally Posted by hawtsauce

post where you live as well... cost of living adjustments mean something for your wages/salaries

seattle - i made 30k out of college
ohwell.gif
You're making more than some Ivy League grads right now in NYC. Cheer up.

I majored in History and Economics

My first job paid 40k per year and it was as a securities analyst and economist. My specialities are analyzing long term corporate and municipal bonds anddoing conceptual/long range reports on political economy, particularly health care legislation.

It is a pretty sweet job and pay considered this terrible job market, the work environment is cool and while most of the people there are older and rag on mefor being the "new kid," (when I was talking about 30 year bonds that were coming to maturity, they joked that those bonds are older than me whatwould I know about them) but they respect my abilities at what I do and I gain a lot of valuable advice from veteran investors, who have dealt with a widevariety of assets over many business cycles.

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

indifferent.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

smh.gif

vol. realistic

nah son, not every one majors in some sort of business field or graduates with no experience. Pick the right field and get enough experience and you can see stacks.

lol...ba means "bachelor" degree,

like is said 20-30K tops
roll.gif

I've never heard of an Engineer who made 20-30K starting
indifferent.gif

Per your own link http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos027.htm#earnings

Average starting salary offers for graduates of bachelor's degree programs in engineering, according to a July 2009 survey by the National Association of Colleges and Employers, were as follows:
[table][tr][td]Petroleum[/td] [td]$83,121[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chemical[/td] [td]64,902[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mining and Mineral[/td] [td]64,404[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Computer[/td] [td]61,738[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nuclear[/td] [td]61,610[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Electrical/electronics and communications[/td] [td]60,125[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mechanical[/td] [td]58,766[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Industrial/manufacturing[/td] [td]58,358[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Materials[/td] [td]57,349[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Aerospace/aeronautical/astronautical[/td] [td]56,311[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Agricultural[/td] [td]54,352[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bioengineering and biomedical[/td] [td]54,158[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Civil[/td] [td]52,048[/td] [/tr][/table]

How you get corrected by your own source though?
20-30k? No engineering majors are studying on Friday/Saturday nights to earn a damn 30k
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom