What was the very first Nike retro?

I thought I would throw this out there for the hardcore shoehead fanatics but what was Nike's very FIRST retro model AND does anyone know why it wasreleased? Does anyone recall?

The thought for the day lol since Nike is churning out the retros every month/year

Good question, I've actually wondered this myself on occasion. I know the Jordan 1's, 2's, and 3's were all first retroed in 1994. But Idon't know which one was first or if any non-Jordan Nikes were re-released then or before.

First to mind was indeed the Jordan 1s and IIs in 1994.

And yes I fondly recall my local Sportmarts having boxes and boxes of both sitting out months later with the clearance sticker of "$39.99."

However I know the Air Flight 89's were reissued around 1992 and they came with a velcro strap with the F flight logo.

I want to say Jordan 1s and 2s, but I'm not sure.

What about the Cortez? I know they released a couple of colors in the early 90s. Then again they prolly never really stopped making them since the initialrelease, kinda like AF1s...

air force 1?
or was that just a line that never stopped being produced? (loke the cortez that og find mentioned)

I'm pretty sure it is the Air Force One. it took three shoe stores to get nike to bring back that shoe. The story goes that at that time in the early tomid eighties that nike didn't bring back a shoe from a following year when the shoe was gone then it was gone. it's a story that was told quite oftenin 07' the year of the Air Force One's 25th anneversary.

It depends on how you look at it. The Air Force 1 is definitely the first shoe to be discontinued and then re-released for the sake of demand and culturalsignificance, so in that aspect it was the first shoe to retro. I do think the Jordan III was the first time they actually stated it was a retro on the box. Iknow I have a very low post count, but I've been watching for years.

I believe the answer is not what you think............ The answer is the Nike Air Flight 89 may actually be the first nike ever retroed. If you recall theFlight 89 came out in 89 with the Script "Flight" on the tongue, in 1991-92 it was retroed with not only the script tongue but also with a mid footstrap with the "Triangle" "Flight" logo.............RyGuy45 iscorrect.....

I'd go with the Air Force 1 being the first retroactive shoe. The Air Jordan 1 & 3 were probably thefirst signature shoe to be re-released.

The Cortez was ALWAYS around, so you can't really call it a retro. Kind of like Chuck Taylor's and Superstars/Stan Smiths.

Jordan III was the first retro to come out identical in looks if not materials and quality. It was also the first box to say retro on it. That same year,although later, the I's and II's retro'd, and all sat on clearance racks for the 29.99 price tag for months. I picked up multiple pairs of all andmiss those days.

i'm 100% sure it was the air force one, followed by the am87, those were retroed right around the time the am90's released the first time

I think there's a difference between a retro release of a particular sneaker/colorway and a continuation of a line (like the AF1 or Air Max). It'sdebatable, but it does sound like the first actual retro that was released with the intention of it being a retro and not just a continuation of a line was theJordan III.

The Flight 89 and Air Force 1 were both brought back like many others said in 1992 thus being the first, just can't remember which was first, and all theForces at that time were highs . All of the 94-95 reissues of the Jordan 1, 2, and 3 were the first sigs to get that treatment, but didn't say"Retro" on the box, it would just say what it was. Retro is not a term Nike used until the Jordan 4 in 1999. With Bo Jacksons, certain Air Maxes, and90's Air Force 1's, nike used the term "Sports Classic" or SC.

Air Trainer 1 was retro'd in 93? They was before the first round of Jordans. Wally can prob jump on that and give the full detail.

air force 1 was if you have the book sole provider its says the demand for the air force was so hight the reintroducted it(retroed0 IN 1990

Back
Top Bottom