What should i write about in weekly college paper in sports section?

Are you writing a preview piece or are you writing a review piece?

When is your deadline?

When does your paper hit the press? Newstands?

Going by your SN, now would be a good time to write a fitness article. After Thanksgiving people tend to eat themselves out of shape. Give some tips on howto stay fit, while dealing with a busy holiday schedule.

It is a big college football weekend, you can write about that.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Going by your SN, now would be a good time to write a fitness article. After Thanksgiving people tend to eat themselves out of shape. Give some tips on how to stay fit, while dealing with a busy holiday schedule.

That's a pretty good idea.

write about how its BS that NFL Network is monopolizing big games.. Comcast took it off my cable package and is trying to charge me extra on top of $80 digitalcable to get it, and i might be compelled to do it. but a lot of people cant do that.

funny thing is Jerry Jones owns NFL Network, yet his NFC-leading Cowboys will get 5% the viewers, in the biggest game of their season no less

Torri Hunter signing with the Angels.
pimp.gif

I like the post thanksgiving workout tips OR the BCS and the question of whether a playoff system should be used. This year is a perfect year that some peoplebelieve that one should be used

How about the athletics programs at your school?

College papers are meant to inform the students of campus news. Majors sports are covered in every standard paper.

Pay some attention to the school teams.

Player A > Player B

Pick two players and run with it.

Be sure to leave your e-mail address at the end of the article.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Player A > Player B

Pick two players and run with it.

Be sure to leave your e-mail address at the end of the article.

Yeah remember as a sportswriter your goal is to piss off as many people as possible.

Go to the basketball courts on your campus and chill for little while. Its always a lil community of ball players wit funny stories. Thats what i wrote aboutfor my school paper. My editor loved it

Sean Taylor was the first to come to my mind

but.....

A college paper's sports section is to update the students on whats going on within the university involving the sports teams. If you have already coveredthat, then touch on things like fitness and whatnot. If youve run out of those ideas, then maybe touch on sports today (NFL, NBA), things like that....

Maybe an article on some alumni that have perhaps made it to the pros in their respective sport.

Back
Top Bottom