What makes someone a legend? Who is a legend?

truth-serum

Banned
What makes someone a legend? Who do you consider a legend? I see a lot of dudes on here labeling anything and everything a legend from Kells to Shkreli

R. Kelly is a legend **** is wrong with you?

One of the greatest artists in music when it's all said and done.

I thought maybe the Shkreli thread prompted this but mentioning him along with Kells aint gonna rock.

"Heroes get remembered but legends never die"

That big dog from sandlot

To me, a legend is someone who has made very significant accomplishments in his/her field and has made a lasting impact on the world.
I think it generally has a positive connotation but it doesn't necessarily have to be a good person.
I would consider someone like Pablo Escobar or Hitler a legend.

Last edited:
More like infamous.

Legend more times than not lends to the positive. However, it is based off the ppl's perspective. So if there is a group of ppl out there that feel like what Hitler did was good then they could then see him as a legend. Of course we're talking about horrible ppl like Klan members.

Pablo Escobar is a better example to struggle with cuz via movies and hip hop so many ppl champion and praise the drug trade and those that were the best at it.

Last edited:
Hitler is a legend?!??
An infamous legend but yes. He's by all means a terrible person and certainly not someone I support in any way but that man has achieved incredible things in his field and he's a major part of Europe's history.
Same with Escobar and his impact on the world.
Infamous and legend aren't necessarily mutually exclusive to me.

Last edited:
An infamous legend but yes. He's by all means a terrible person and certainly not someone I support in any way but that man has achieved incredible things in his field and he's a major part of Europe's history.

What is his field loool

What is his field loool
Hitler was a great orator at the very least. His speeches rallied millions of Germans to believe in his bs. Granted he did this at the right time.

As far as history goes, I've never studied how good of a strategist, diplomat and overall leader he was so I can't say if the rise of the Nazis was all him or a combination of the ppl he put around him.

People who have unconfirmed-confirmed stories of greatness. Everyone's pretty sure its true, but no one really knows.

Bruce Lee.
Wilt Chamberlain(20, 000 bruh?)
Ozzy Osbourne

Politics, war
That man brainwashed an entire nation. That's nothing short of legendary, as terrible as it may be.

I guess you're right.
It just sounds weird lol.

I personally would never refer to hitler as a legend...probably never in my life.
I would call him a historical figure.

But i see youre reasoning and it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom