What Hip-Hop will you pass on to your kids??

This may be a weird question but ive always thought about it.... you know damn well i aint letting my kids listen to half this crap out now. so what style/era/type of hip hop will you let your kids listen to(or WANT ur kids to listen to)?
for me its probably gonna be groups like blackstar and tribe, , maybe some jay, nas, em, and most definitely common and pac. i want my kids to listen to soem of the more socially argumentative hip-hop like commona and pac bring. Lupe is starting to go that way... what are your thoughts???

The same hip-hop I grew up through, bad or not.
From the Jay-Z's to the Mike Jones back to Tribe and Wu-Tang.

But most definitely Common Sense.

only the classics probably.

i mean it really comes down to what hip hop from today and yesterday will i be listening to tomorrow. stuff that isn't classic most likely wont pass the test of time.

I will put my kids up on some stuff, but ultimately I'm not gonna shove anything down their throat.

In fact, they probably will hate my taste in music because it will be outdated. Kids will always be on that new new and will consider my stuff to be oldies. But make no mistake, Biggie Smalls will still be getting mad spins in the whip because if you don't like BIG, you don't like good music.

I'll be blasting RD, Illmatic, Ready to Die, and Enter the 36 in the delivery room.

Jigga all the up to the black album .. Bone thugz .. Up to art of war .. Big/Pac discography .. To many to name

the big 3 (Biggie,Jay-Z & Nas), Kanye,trying to put him on some Lupe and Cudi because I think they represent the best of what's out now. My boy just got interested in Em because of that insane bit he did on "forever" but I'm still gonna wait a couple of years before he gets his hands on the cds.
laugh.gif

Pretty much the music I really love I like tons of music but theres only so much I really love.

Anything and everything Kanye West, B.I.G., Hov (most of it atleast), early Nas, Wu-Tang, G.O.O.D. Music Group as a whole and Im sure theres more that I cant think of at the moment

Dont matter me and my parents dont listen to the same music. She loves old R&B, LL Cool J, and Motown. I like Ignorant rap, Indie rock, electronic, Early Diplomats and the GOAT 2pac. So I'm a bump whatever I want and if my kid likes it they can burn whatever CD they want.

Nothing really.. I'll let them like what they want to like. Now if I catch him/her listening to some old school I'll put them on game..

Back
Top Bottom