What Hip-Hop artists do you most admire in dress?

I got into an argument with some people I know. I'm more of an old school person in the group. People say Jay-Z, Kanye, and all of these new figuresinfluenced them. One or two for the sake of it will say Biggie, but I don't but it because personally I don't think he brought anything interesting.Coogi and designer shades is not a trend to me because many at the time also did it. I personally say Wu-Tang, especially Ghostface and Raekwon because of thePolo, Clarks, and Nike movement. I feel like they were influential and underrated. I see them in their classic videos Lo'ed down, with shoes that we callgrails today. I'm not saying they are the first, but I feel that they made a niche for themselves. Even now after 15 years I love Clarks, Polo, and all ofthe trends that they brought in. What do you think NT?

wildin'..

biggie made a LOOK not the brand...he made the tough leather jacket hot ( avirex), coogi (apperal) sweaters, dark shades all day long (versace shades), dopechains (Jesus pieces) & poppin bottles for no reason (moet, cris) rock..

i mean just ask jigga....

rae was fly, ghost was ehhh, walli's just wasnt my thing but it didnt last, if you still rocking wallis, your off your rocker.

Lil' Wayne

j/k

why just hip-hop artists? i really haven't been influenced by any w/the exception to Kanye.

Wale and Cam
smokin.gif

Mos Def and Common always seemed like pretty sharp dressers to me. They got me into rocking those paper boy hats.

Come on now we all know Kanye is a major player.

Jay Z as well, Jim Jones, Camron, Juelz, and Fabolous too. Jersey's, The color Pink, Dressing grown up, ed hardy, skinny jeans for men.

Snoop Dogg, and Dr Dre were also during the early 90's Dickies, and Ben Davis T shirts.

Originally Posted by PoLo Sport NYC

wildin'..

biggie made a LOOK not the brand...he made the tough leather jacket hot ( avirex), coogi (apperal) sweaters, dark shades all day long (versace shades), dope chains (Jesus pieces) & poppin bottles for no reason (moet, cris) rock..

i mean just ask jigga....

rae was fly, ghost was ehhh, walli's just wasnt my thing but it didnt last, if you still rocking wallis, your off your rocker.

R.I.P. Biggie but come on now. How many coogi's are you wearing on a daily basis? You still wear Avirex? Versace shades...ehhhh rather have Cartier. Biggiewore jewelry and Rolexes like every other rapper at the time. All I'm taking about is dress, not lifestyle. I agree, Cam'ron even though he wore pinkbrought new trends to the table.

And for the record, call me old. I love Clarks and I've seen many on NT wear them in the WDYWT posts, so NT embraces them also. It's only a matter oftime before hypebeasts and many jump on the bandwagon.

Lupe
Jay
Kanye
Pharrell [even though I can't pull off anything dude wears...he makes it look cool though IMO]
Andre

I guess you can add DMX to that list since I'm wearing a muscle shirt right now
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom