What did DeAngelo Hall do yesterday that was so bad?

Someone fill me in...I didn't see the game, but on my way home today I was listening to sportstalk radio, and they were defecating on Hall because of hisantics from yesterday's game against Tampa. All I heard (and it was the tail end of the segment) was that he was pounding his chest, and blatantly drawingPI calls....on top of that he was screaming in an official's face. On the radio they were calling him a bum, etc etc....what exactly happened?

I don't know either but I know Roddy White got fined for wearing a shirt that said "free Mike Vick" shirt.

That is cool though, showing some love for Mike.
pimp.gif

Good way to be fined.

Falcons lost game and 'character'

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 12/16/07
Tampa - Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall came close to imploding emotionally for the second time this season.

Hall, who lost his cool when battling Carolina's Steve Smith earlier this season, started a near riot in the second quarter against Tampa Bay Sunday.

Two plays after Tampa Bay defensive end Gaines Adams sacked Chris Redman and caused a fumble at the Falcons' 6-yard line, Hall was called for unnecessary roughness. Tampa Bay running back Earnest Graham's momentum was stopped and Hall came blazing in from the right side of the end zone and slammed into right tackle Jeremy Trueblood.

Trueblood didn't take kindly to the hit and a scum ensued as he pushed Hall to the ground. Falcons defensive end Jamaal Anderson came leaping into the pile before the officials could break up the rumble and get the players separated.

Hall and Anderson were called unnecessary roughness. Graham scored on the next play to make it 24-3.

"I thought the pile was still moving," Hall said. "I've seen a lot of piles getting pushed from the back. I wanted to go in there and stick my head in there. That's what I did. After that, the guy just pushed me to the ground."

Trueblood, a second-year player from Boston College, didn't hold a grudge against Hall.

"It was just football," Trueblood said. "People were flying to the pile. People take exception to getting hit and some like getting hit. It was nothing major. We just tried to keep our cool and play the rest of the game."

Hall later started waving his arms for the fans to keep booing him after he was called for pass interference for drilling Joey Galloway before the ball arrived.

Like in the Carolina game, Hall was having a solid game. He held Galloway to just one catch for seven yards.

But the near brawl that Hall started and the one that occurred after Tampa Bay's onsides kick with a 24-3 lead, had interim coach Emmitt Thomas questioning the team's character.

"Those Ws and Ls are not going to be the most important thing for us here in the next two games," Thomas said. "We have to get our character back. The team lost its character out there. So what we are going to do as a team is prepare and comeback and play professional football."

Thomas would not single out Hall for his role in the play near the goal line. Linebacker Demorrio Williams and Tampa Bay's Patrick Chukwurah were called for off-setting unnecessary roughness penalties on the onsides kickoff near-brawl.

"I'm not going to put my finger on one or two [players]," Thomas said. "But I think as a team we lost our character."

Hall, one of the more outspoken players about the departure of former coach Bobby Petrino, understood Thomas' plea for the team to play with some character.

"We had a lot of penalties," Hall said. "We had a bunch of brawls going on and it's definitely not how football is supposed to be played. That's the main thing he was talking about."

that late hit for the unnecessary roughness wasn't bad at all...but that PI call was a bit stupid on his part but I still don't think both of thoseplays were anything to be outraged about...and I still do not know why I watched that game

I Know we all havea lil hate for DeAngelo, esp. after him Big talkin and lettin another man spit in his face, but he has been playing solid football this yr.

THe Hit wasnt %+$*.

But it seems Hall has a target on his back, sorta the way the Raiders did. and to top it off, he broke league mandates with the MV7 eye black.

The League is really shining the light on him and its partly of his own doing but not entirely

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

That's a VT player for you.

roll.gif
laugh.gif
I knew it was comin', leave my team alone Joka!

indifferent.gif
@ the league always so quick to fine somebody. What do they dowith that money anyways? If it's not going to charity, then I wanna send a big F U to the League.

CP1708
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
The hell did Vick do to your dog, doggie?

Hall's probably out of Atlanta next season anyways. He needs to control his emotions better, he as all the talent in the world. Even the article stated heheld Galloway to ONE catch.

That's a VT player for you.

Yup pretty much.
laugh.gif
At least we still kick your+!%* every year though.

Obviously has nothing to do with what school he went to, but Hall, Marcus Vick, and Jimmy Williams are straight$!+$ clowns. Michael had done some dumb things(obviously) but he usually kept his cool on the field. Something the other three guys I mentioned have no idea how to do.

I remember Jimmy screwing us over with unsportsmanlike conduct penalties out the wazzoo.

I'm not exactly Vick's number one fan right now, but you cant fault them for showing support to their teammate.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Hall's probably out of Atlanta next season anyways

...and sign with the Raiders, and yea i know they already have asomugha/washington
Yeah, Washington would probably be gone...I remember earlier in the year he lost his starting job to Stanford Routt. But with Hall, Routt'sprogress might be slowed.

Back
Top Bottom