What are the charactersitics of LOYAL fan?

see NBA.co/zo, he still believes they can win a championship without defense. lol and defends his team like no other on this board, im impressed to be honest.

but foreals, I consider someone to be loyal fan if they are well immersed in the stats and history of the franchise, and not just say they support the team forwhatever reasons.

still supporting the rockets even though they suck
tired.gif

i dont care how bad they are, ill still support em and just pull for the mavs to do well if they go farther than my rockets (ill always pull for the home teamif they advance farther than my team).

to me a loyal fan is someone that would pull for their team no matter how they are doing, as well as knowing about the team injury wise, stat wise, historywise, and so on. cant be too much of a homer though, that just starts to get annoying (nyk buc)...

Sticking with your team thru thick n thin even tho they are doing terrible. My Broncos are sucking these
past two seasons, but I still love them and support them. I wouldn't be a true/ loyal fan if I jumped ship
when times get rough.

still being a FSU fan after the jump ball era i consider myself to be pretty loyal to my team

as long as you dont switch your favorite teams just cuz they suck i think thats loyalty

closely follows the team.

may have harsh criticism of the team, usually because they want the team to win but still rooting for the team through the lows.

example: the words "the raptors suck" regularly find their way into my vocabulary but you wont find me rooting against them.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

may have harsh criticism of the team, usually because they want the team to win but still rooting for the team through the lows.

example: the words "the raptors suck" regularly find their way into my vocabulary but you wont find me rooting against them.

Word, look into any warriors gamethread and you will usually see me saying they suck and stuff like that.

yea i think that sums it up nicely.

Sticking with your team thru thick n thin even tho they are doing terrible.
I consider someone to be loyal fan if they are well immersed in the stats and history of the franchise, and not just say they support the team for whatever reasons.

I agree. Its real tough when your team never wins though or even makes the playoffs once in a while.(Lions[FIRE MILLEN
mad.gif
]) But I will always support.

SMH
tired.gif
@ the Lions this weekend getting scraped 51-14 by the chargers,specially since I was at the game and it ended there chances of getting into the playoffs.
sick.gif

-Following every game.
-Following all news & transactions.
-Following closely in the offseason to every move & update.
-Being with the team no matter what the record. Supporting them just the same whether losing or winning.

How about, having no shame in rocking the O's had after losing by 27 runs....

95% of the time, not a NTer.

yup....

Sticking with your team thru thick n thin even tho they are doing terrible.
I consider someone to be loyal fan if they are well immersed in the stats and history of the franchise, and not just say they support the team for whatever reasons.

co-sign....

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

see NBA.co/zo, he still believes they can win a championship without defense. lol and defends his team like no other on this board, im impressed to be honest.

Isn't he the same guy that was openly rooting against his St. Louis Cardinals because they were having a lackluster season, only to see them catch fireand win the World Series.

Every Monday wearing your football teams gear after each and every loss. Then when they win one, wear normal clothes.

No need to stick out your chest for one little victory, but always represent after the losses. I do it for each team, each sport and will always do it thatway. I live amongst many bandwagon fools (blazers, ducks, beavers) so I like watching all their gear disappear after they lose a "big" game.

THE COMPLETE D¡CKHEAD'S GUIDE 2 BEING A LOYAL FAN.

By goldNboi7 (AJ)-

A loyal fan sticks with his team thru championships and lottery picks, and supports them just as loudly. Lot of new Cowboys fans the past few years...not agood look. Where the hell were they when we was goin 5-11 every year? Its about the ride, not always the destination...

A true fan will at least wear his teams colors on gameday sometimes. (I do it all the time, but I realize some of yall can't do that 4 whatever reason.) Heat least owns 1 hat/jersey/shirt of his team. This is not debatable.

A true fan will wear his jersey when his team lost (as long as they gave a solid effort). Anybody can support a winner. It takes commitment to wear a Cowboysjersey in the 2nd week of 2007. (Yes, I'm talking about that.)

You should only have 2 ask who a true fan's favorite team is ONE TIME. It should not be a different answer every year, or preferably any year. You pick ateam, and you only really should change it 4 extenuating circumstances (they fold, move etc.)

A true fan knows that everybody on the street wearing the same jersey as him on gameday is his temporary family. Feel free to shout out support for your teamat him. If he's a true fan, hell shout back. A true fan also knows that its aight 2 share a high-five with a complete stranger after a big play, or a (3second, shoulder contact only!) man-hug after a big win.

He also knows that during a rivalry game, everyone wearing the opposite colors is fair game. Feel free to shout derisive remarks and profanity. If he's atrue fan, hell shout it right back. Its all in fun...its one of the best parts of being a fan.

A true fan doesn't blindly support his team. He can recognize what they are doing right, and when they is *@@%%$* up. A true fan can criticize his teamharshly, but only cuz they want tha best 4 them...not unlike raising a child
laugh.gif

A casual follower knows the starters on his team. A fan knows the backups. A true fan can tell you Patrick Crayton is our 3rd QB. A true fan knows the coach,coordinators, past coaches, and sometimes even their records. He knows the name of the stadium and if and when they're buliding a new one. He knows whenand if they won championships, and prolly against what team.

2 close, a true fan always supports, and may even actually love his team. There is nothing wrong with that. (As long as you're not an Eagles/Skins fan.
tongue.gif
)

(Go Cowboys!)

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

Isn't he the same guy that was openly rooting against his St. Louis Cardinals because they were having a lackluster season, only to see them catch fire and win the World Series.
No, I wasn't rooting against them.
I had given up hope of them doing anything but I'd never root against them.
I was as shocked as anyone when they won the World Series with garbage like Jeff Weaver in the rotation.

Originally Posted by goldNboi7

THE COMPLETE D¡CKHEAD'S GUIDE 2 BEING A LOYAL FAN.

By goldNboi7 (AJ)-

A loyal fan sticks with his team thru championships and lottery picks, and supports them just as loudly. Lot of new Cowboys fans the past few years...not a good look. Where the hell were they when we was goin 5-11 every year? Its about the ride, not always the destination...

A true fan will at least wear his teams colors on gameday sometimes. (I do it all the time, but I realize some of yall can't do that 4 whatever reason.) He at least owns 1 hat/jersey/shirt of his team. This is not debatable.

A true fan will wear his jersey when his team lost (as long as they gave a solid effort). Anybody can support a winner. It takes commitment to wear a Cowboys jersey in the 2nd week of 2007. (Yes, I'm talking about that.)

You should only have 2 ask who a true fan's favorite team is ONE TIME. It should not be a different answer every year, or preferably any year. You pick a team, and you only really should change it 4 extenuating circumstances (they fold, move etc.)

A true fan knows that everybody on the street wearing the same jersey as him on gameday is his temporary family. Feel free to shout out support for your team at him. If he's a true fan, hell shout back. A true fan also knows that its aight 2 share a high-five with a complete stranger after a big play, or a (3 second, shoulder contact only!) man-hug after a big win.

He also knows that during a rivalry game, everyone wearing the opposite colors is fair game. Feel free to shout derisive remarks and profanity. If he's a true fan, hell shout it right back. Its all in fun...its one of the best parts of being a fan.

A true fan doesn't blindly support his team. He can recognize what they are doing right, and when they is *@@%%$* up. A true fan can criticize his team harshly, but only cuz they want tha best 4 them...not unlike raising a child
laugh.gif

A casual follower knows the starters on his team. A fan knows the backups. A true fan can tell you Patrick Crayton is our 3rd QB. A true fan knows the coach, coordinators, past coaches, and sometimes even their records. He knows the name of the stadium and if and when they're buliding a new one. He knows when and if they won championships, and prolly against what team.

2 close, a true fan always supports, and may even actually love his team. There is nothing wrong with that. (As long as you're not an Eagles/Skins fan.
tongue.gif
)

(Go Cowboys!)
I agree with almost everything dude posted. Rock your teams gear and know your stuff, period. When a question is asked about your team, you should knowthe answer.

I live amongst many bandwagon fools (miami, lakers, cubs) and it's always funny to see them bring up the past.
laugh.gif

I live amongst many bandwagon fools (miami, lakers, cubs) and it's always funny to see them bring up the past.
laugh.gif

Wait, I almost missed this. Where in Oregon do you see bandwagon fans of those three teams? The exact ones in my sig. I know like 3 Miami fansin this state, and even fewer Cub fans. Who you talkin about mane?
nerd.gif

you root for them when times are good, then you root for them when times are bad. if you get emotional after certain wins or losses i would say your a loyalfan.

being a fan is a life long thing IMO

i dont agree that you have to wear the teams colors during every game, you also dont have to watch every single game...i already bleed orange and blue, cantchange ya dna...

When you still watch thru thick and thin and always hope for the best and remain optimistic every time a new season comes around. I'd say I'm prettyloyal since none of my teams are threatening to win championships or anything right now (Rockets, FSU, Texans, Astros) and I still root for them every timethey play.

Back
Top Bottom