What are some tricks to ask for at a Hibachi restaurant?

Can't really seem to find a good list online...

The only one I know of is the onion volcano.

all i know of is the onion volcano, the egg tricks & the shrimp toss.. is there anything else
nerd.gif

I had a newspaper article with a pretty good list of hibachi tricks & tips I thought I stashed away last week but I lost it.

mad.gif

Edit:

I found one!

happy_kid1.jpg

Knife tricks: Fancy cutting of shrimp or vegetables; also juggling, clanging and tossing

Big fire: Shooting flames

Onion volcano: Onion slices are stacked; vodka poured inside and set aflame.

Pee-pee boy: Rubber squirt toy puts out fire of onion volcano.

Egg tricks: Tossing and cracking, usually while making fried rice.

Beating heart: Fried rice is formed into heart shape, spatula inserted underneath makes it appear to "beat."

Food toss: Usually vegetables, flung into the mouths of audience members (or into chef's hat or pocket)
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

I had a newspaper article with a pretty good list of hibachi tricks & tips I thought I stashed away last week but I lost it.

mad.gif

Edit:

I found one!

Knife tricks: Fancy cutting of shrimp or vegetables; also juggling, clanging and tossing

Big fire: Shooting flames

Onion volcano: Onion slices are stacked; vodka poured inside and set aflame.

Pee-pee boy: Rubber squirt toy puts out fire of onion volcano.

Egg tricks: Tossing and cracking, usually while making fried rice.

Beating heart: Fried rice is formed into heart shape, spatula inserted underneath makes it appear to "beat."

Food toss: Usually vegetables, flung into the mouths of audience members (or into chef's hat or pocket)
pimp.gif

The Hibachi I go to does all those without you having to ask. I wonder if there are more? The only other thing at those places is to learn how to swallow a lot of sake (NH). IDK if its everywhere but I assume it is. They have it in a squirt bottle and at different times squirt it into peoples mouth until they say stop. So if you can swallow while the person is still squirting you can get a good amount of sake and get pretty wasted for free.

I am fully aware how Ayo that sounded but I dont think there was any other way to say it.

Originally Posted by WavieCrocket

how much does dinner for 2 normally run at one of these places?

The one around here the combos are usually around $26 and you get a choice of 2 between Shrimp, Steak, Chicken and you get rice and noodles.

yuck.. why is dude using his hands to handle the onion?

ps. Hibachi is way overrated in my book.
the food is always bland.

Sakura.
pimp.gif

Ma dukes and I hit that joint up on the reg.

Most of the cooks are too lazy to do tricks though.

Even if the food sucks, I wanna hit up a joint at least once.

And might as well OD on the trick requests if it does end up being my only visit...

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

yuck.. why is dude using his hands to handle the onion?

Well at least he threw it away right after, I hope he doesn't do that with the food he's actually serving

for once someone sees the light. food has no taste whatsoever. I dont feel like pouring a ton of ginger sauce on my food for flavor. If you're like me and wait for all your food to be made before you eat than half of it is cold as well. Worst yet when you leave you smell like food
sick.gif

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Even if the food sucks, I wanna hit up a joint at least once.
I agree..if you've never gone. you should at least go once in your lifetime.
And might as well OD on the trick requests if it does end up being my only visit...
tip well if you go overboard with the trick request then

Originally Posted by Durden7

If youve got to ask for these tricks, youre at a bad Hibachi restaurant.

that wat im sayn if there not doing enough triccs that mean he's not a good cook

Originally Posted by taystackz

Originally Posted by Durden7

If youve got to ask for these tricks, youre at a bad Hibachi restaurant.

that wat im sayn if there not doing enough triccs that mean he's not a good cook
you can use the K in "cook" but not in "tricks?"

laugh.gif
  silly

Back
Top Bottom