What antivirus do you use?

My trial subscription to Norton Internet Security just expired and I was thinking of renewing. I've heard that it takes a lot from the CPU. Can someone recommend me a decent one that is cheaper or let me know if its worth the $60?

Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free, hardly takes anything from your CPU processing, and it does a good job at keeping viruses at bay.

FYI... You'll have to disable Norton before you can use any other antivirus programs since they will conflict with each other if they're both working at the same time. Essentially fighting with each other and letting the robber in the front door in the mean time.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

A Mac user laughs at you guys.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ these poor people & their virus talk
30t6p3b.gif
it's 2012 people.

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
it's 2012 people.

What do you use your Mac for?
Shut up stupid trolls. I have a mac and it isn't difficult to recommend an antivirus for PC OR Mac.

Anyways, DaBottom305, get nod32, thank me later.

I don't have any, but I am running mac. I don't even know what I used to use, I think it was super basic like McAffee; pretty sure it was garbage lol.

mac user here but when i had a pc i used spyware doctor and norton. ran without a glitch until those damn trojans snuck in there smh

gotta say i love the mac though, i have antivirus and spyware protection JUST in case lol

Originally Posted by megatron

NOD32 da best.
I have a mac so I don't worry about anti-virus. However, anytime that I am helping people with their computers I always recommend NOD32.

ESET Smart Security offers the best security in that price range, in my opinion.

Damn, so Norton's not good?

I just bought it during Christmas time for $20... SMH

NOD32

/thread

I just reupped another 2 years for it on 1/28/2012.

I had it the last two years and it's bar none the best... no problems no nothing... only thing that might annoy you is it asks for your permission before do most things, but I prefered that anyway.

By the way I also own a MBP and an iMac I think it's called, but I have most of my music and things to do with iTunes on my PC still.

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
it's 2012 people.

What do you use your Mac for?

everything because macs can do everything
pimp.gif

i don't have a mac, #teampoor
frown.gif

Originally Posted by lokiD40

none. slows down pc. just don't launch anything and ur good.

time for a new machine
Originally Posted by big1236

Damn, so Norton's not good?

I just bought it during Christmas time for $20... SMH
norton is fine, granted you didn't really need to purchase it but since you have it for a year just keep it and be smart about what you download & open.

Anti-virus software is nothing but a resource hog.

I swear...
30t6p3b.gif
...when I started undergrad they made me install Norton on my MBP I had at the time and my fan was running like CRAZY...for no reason. It was ridiculous. I went to the genius bar to get something checked up on and the girl told me it was pointless to keep it. It wasn't doing anything but ruin my battery life. It was more of a placebo on my laptop than anything...

All I can say is that ya'll gotta be smarter about how you all do these things and expose yourselves. Its hard but research is better than just installing "brand name" antivirus software. 

Back
Top Bottom