West Conf. Semifinals Game 1 - San Antonio Spurs vs. Phoenix Suns (5/3 TNT 10:30 pm EDT)

Western Conference Semifinals - Game 1
San-Antonio-Spurs-Vs-Phoenix-Suns.JPG

tpsnheader.jpg

nba_g_duncan_576.jpg

b86b8d1637b840bc9621a207ce54afae-getty-90043751ce001_suns_spurs.jpg

df28f2cc4ed89b90c15fd389d3347cf2-getty-90043751ce001_suns_spurs.jpg

6d17e02b1dfa67843230e7ee39aaf8d7-getty-90043751ce001_suns_spurs.jpg

I usually don't like game threads this early, but this series brings back a lot of fond memories being a Spurs fan.  I love watching the Spurs play at Phoenix because you could hear the hatred the fans have towards them.  Hell, they even booed Duncan during his introduction during the All-Star game when they hosted the game last year
laugh.gif
.  Everybody knows about the history between these two teams but it's not really a rivalry being that the Suns never beaten the Spurs when it mattered.  I expect Amare to dominate but I don't think he'll put crazy numbers like he did in the past since the Spurs will put Mcdyess on him for the majority of the game.  Not having Robin Lopez will be huge loss for the Suns since he played Duncan particularly well when they last met.  Also, this will not be an easy series for Nash because he will have to guard Parker or Hill because the Spurs no longer have Bowen.  J-Rich and Ginobili will be entertaining to watch as well Richard Jefferson and Grant Hill.  The bench for both teams will be a huge factor as well. I will be rooting for the Spurs but I predicted before the playoffs started that these two teams would meet and the Suns will win in it 7.  I'm hoping that I'll be proven wrong.

How has no one made a Celtics/Cavs thread yet? Been waiting to see it come up.

But yeah, I have to root for the Suns just in the fact that Ginobili is one of my least favorite players in the NBA.
laugh.gif

theres talk that Robin Lopez might be back in time for Game 1, i sure hope so because Jarron Collins sucks
laugh.gif

oh & heres a crazy fact, every year Amare has played in the playoffs (03,05,07,08) the Suns lost to the Spurs every time...
grin.gif
in 06 when he was injured we lost to the Mavs
tired.gif

Man, the way the Suns are playing this could be the most exciting series these two teams have had in their many playoff encounters.

Originally Posted by enrique23

i think that this series will go the full 7
and that phoenix will win it
If Phx wins it then you can book the Lakers going to the Finals again. The Mavs are already out of the playoffs. The Spurs actually stand a chance against the Lakers.

this will be the year the suns finally get over the hump against the spurs but it will also be the year the lakers avenge their 2006 and 2007 defeats to phoenix.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

this will be the year the suns finally get over the hump against the spurs but it will also be the year the lakers avenge their 2006 and 2007 defeats to phoenix.

Last time I check LA is still playing in the 1st round....
nerd.gif

This series is going to be good...

^

true even though the lakers should win that thunder series ima look like a fool if okc wins tonight.

phoenix needs to win game 1 in this series though. when san antonio took the lead against them in the series in 2005, 2007, and 2008 it took all the momentum away from phoenix and they were never able to get a series lead in any of those series.

Picked the Spurs to go defeat the Suns in 7 I think, I'm sticking by that. Although the x-factor will be how J-Rich plays for the Suns and could tip the scales in their favor. It seems that when he plays well they win. Should be another classic series and I'm looking forward to watching it. These conference semifinals are going to be great well sans for whoever Orlando plays.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Totally agreed!  First thing I thought when the Suns won last night.  They will finally beat the Spurs, but the Lakers will finally beat them and move onto the Finals.  I see you NBA.

Everybody knows about the history between these two teams but it's not really a rivalry being that the Suns never beaten the Spurs when it mattered. 
QFT.

the suns are the spurs' female dog and i dont see it any different this year

spurs in 6

Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers wrote:
were still in the 1st round lets not ahead of ourselves bud

say what you want to the spurs' "boring" game but i don't think their championship window isn't closing YET.

Originally Posted by Remi23

Spurs in Six Phoenix always find a way to mess up!
More like the refs find a way to screw them.  Might be just me but i honestly feel they would've won had it not been for that BS suspension and dirty Rob Horry play.

Go Spurs! But I have a sneaky feeling the Suns will win this time around though.

you never know the suns can finally come over the hump, i hope it doesnt happen,
nash will ball as usual but will suffer on defense to parker and hill
spurs need to take game 1 and make their presence felt

just like lakers...the spurs have the suns figured out...i think this will be easiest coaching series for pop this playoffs...he already knows how to beat the suns...and that is what will happen..

i see spurs stealing game 1 or 2...then winning both at home...

Back
Top Bottom