WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

like is aid i forget where i read/heard it because i listen to plenty of poidcast and post a plethora of articles here and there but a decision as such would surely have to be approved by feige since its a huge departure from the character origins

but i'll just leave this here because i admit, my guns are empty in this argument and i know how long this can drag and drag but upon quick look i found this and again if you want to argue about it, email the source: https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/batman-moon-knight-comparisons-comics-history :lol:

While comparisons to Batman and Moon Knight have always been in the ether, like Coke and Pepsi, one can reasonably point to a single comic that started it all: Hulk! Magazine #13, published in 1979.

Historically significant as the first work at Marvel by the now legendary artist Bill Sienkiewicz, the issue demonstrates Sienkiewicz’s influence from the industry’s then-hottest talent, Neal Adams.

In the 1970s, after the cancellation of the campy Batman TV show, Neal Adams and writer Dennis O’Neil took it upon themselves to reinvent Batman into the gritty character we’re now familiar with. Adams worked in commercial advertising before pursuing his career in comic books, and his photorealistic style allowed his comics to pop in a way the medium hadn’t before. The realism gave previously unseen depth to characters like Batman.

With Adams’ Batman the hot thing in comics in the ‘70s, it’s unsurprising Sienkiewicz mimicked his style when tasked with drawing another brooding caped crusader, Marc Spector, aka Moon Knight. But Sienkiewicz did more than just imitate.

Specifically with Hulk! #13, Sienkiewicz illustrated Moon Knight as basically Batman with a swapped color palette. Sienkiewicz not only envisioned Batman under the same shades and shadows as Adams did, but he depicted Moon Knight’s array of gadgets — like his grappling hook and crescent-shaped boomerangs — all in plain sight, in a way that purposefully evoked Batman. While the similarities have always been present on the surface, Sienkiewicz’s illustrations of Moon Knight in Hulk! #13 cemented it for years to come.

Further comparisons run deeper than either characters’ wealthy alter egos, costumes, and tools. Both are fueled by vengeance, pursuing justice with maddening fury. But closer inspection illuminates how miles apart Batman and Moon Knight really are.

Batman is vengeful for the murders of his parents and does what he does because he wants to prevent what happened to him for others. His mission has no real end because Gotham City’s rot is so deep; there’s no undoing it. On some level — and made more explicit in Matt Reeves’ new film — Batman knows he may be the source of Gotham’s evil. But by doing nothing, he knows the city would be even more damned.

Moon Knight pursues vengeance because of the holy deity, Khonshu, the Egyptian god of revenge and supernatural benefactor to Moon Knight. Being a former soldier of fortune, his connection to Khonshu enables Moon Knight to violently pursue justice free from a guilty conscience.
This just explained how different Batman and Moon Knight artist.

It also mentions how one artist who wasn't Moon Knkght's creator drew the two the same.

Other than there's a list of surface level similarities.

Not really anything I'm addressing or haven't acknowledged.

Could've just stopped at I don't know where or cant find where I heard/read that :lol:

glorious purpose
1649436603465.jpeg

1649436635539.jpeg

1649436677934.jpeg

1649436720372.jpeg

Last edited:
As with every Disney + show, there is always one episode for a new series that gets hyped & for Moon Knight it looks like that episode will be #5. :nerd:

Tons of those "insiders" are clamoring about it. :lol::smh:

PO

As with every Disney + show, there is always one episode for a new series that gets hyped & for Moon Knight it looks like that episode will be #5. :nerd:

Tons of those "insiders" are clamoring about it. :lol::smh:

PO
Pre showings only showed up to episode 4, so 5 gonna have something going on for sure

Whenever I hear a story about what was going on behind the scenes, the movie makes a whole lot more sense

Back
Top Bottom