WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

giphy.gif

BOX OFFICE: BLACK PANTHER Could Become The Highest Grossing Superhero Movie Of All-Time Domestically

Black Panther scored the second best 4 day opening of all-time with $242 million and then had the best Monday ever at the domestic box office but did it do yesterday? Well, it probably won't surprise you to learn that the Marvel Studios movie also had the best pre-summer Tuesday take too, topping last year's Beauty and the Beast and beating The Avengers' $17.6 million with a cool $21.07 million.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens holds the all-time Tuesday record with $37.3 million but Black Panther's current five-day haul is $263.2 million, a whopping amount which it took nine days for The Avengers to reach back in 2012. Now, it's thought that the Ryan Coogler helmed release will pass $300 million domestically by Friday and it should earn $104 million to $109 million during its second weekend.

Some analysts believe that Black Panther will ultimately earn more domestically than The Avengers, a feat which would make it North America's highest grossing superhero movie of all-time.

i'm sorry..I just dont see IW matching this. IW is a super hero movie. BP is more than a super hero movie. It's the perfect storm to shatter records. IW is back to the exact same makeup we've been literally watching for 10+ yrs. Some BP and Wakandan screen time wont replicate the magic from BP. Plus killmonger dead. Dude sky rocketed to one of the dopest villains ever. Now it's back to fighting aliens.

I'd suspect IW does CW type numbers. They aint touching these BP numbers. There was soul behind this turnout. People wanted to see more than just costumes and fight scenes. They wanted to see people they could relate to..people that looked like them..people that made them feel like wow, we always knew we could do this..now so do you.

Had a real Obama '08 election kind of feel.

i'm sorry..I just dont see IW matching this. IW is a super hero movie. BP is more than a super hero movie. It's the perfect storm to shatter records. IW is back to the exact same makeup we've been literally watching for 10+ yrs. Some BP and Wakandan screen time wont replicate the magic from BP. Plus killmonger dead. Dude sky rocketed to one of the dopest villains ever. Now it's back to fighting aliens.

I'd suspect IW does CW type numbers. They aint touching these BP numbers. There was soul behind this turnout. People wanted to see more than just costumes and fight scenes. They wanted to see people they could relate to..people that looked like them..people that made them feel like wow, we always knew we could do this..now so do you.

Had a real Obama '08 election kind of feel.

Haven't you noticed Every time Marvel has been doubted at the box office, theyve beat expectations? Why do even do this at this point?

freeze freeze yea.. nah

CW made less than IM3.. and less than both avengers films (which are the 2 highest grossing MCU films).. IW is doing at least 1.5 bill

well i mean, i don't know the numbers, i didn't mean to downplay it. i thought CW did well. Well, whichever other one did really well, IW will be that level. I don't see it knocking off BP though just based on the makeup. Constantly adding more and more characters doesnt necessarily equate to larger turnouts. Could also mean diminishing returns. Sometimes its about the guts. The story. These stories always the same. Unforeseen danger. Oh nose. How will we ever survive? By banding together! Humbling ourselves. New friend approaches from the shadows! End credits. Post credits. Oh snap, it's silver surfer voiced by lawrence fishburne. .

Although BP numbers are looking fantastic, I would have to agree with rfx45 rfx45 to some extent. Movie goers, CBM fans, comic book fans and the like have been waiting for a movie like this since for nearly a decade. IW maybe not beat BP in their 4-day open, but overall, it's a huge possibility that it will be the highest grossing of all time in the MCU. Despite the moving and meaningful cultural nuances that BP showcases and displays that it drew in big numbers from a completely different demographic. IW will be THE super hero movie of the century. I imagine a HUGE haul worldwide one of the most star studded films of all time. And a Marvel one to boot.

Haven't you noticed Every time Marvel has been doubted at the box office, theyve beat expectations? Why do even do this at this point?

when were they doubted?

BP...literally everything about it is special. The story. The music. The actors. The culture. And the timing. This movie needed to come out. It needed to do well.

yall was right about imdb users trolling the movie score. their reviews are :lol:

IMDB review and comment section is a cesspool, they know it and I'm glad they shut down their forums. Basically where stormfront members post their movie reviews.

Am i the only one who wasn't fond of killmonger? I just thought

it was kinda weak that his entire motivation was my dad was killed by his brother, even though i know he committed treason. so i spend my whole life trying to become the king of that nation, so i can destroy it and use its riches to help the rest of black people... by starting a worldwide war up against all other races. like wtf? not only that but i just cant take MBJ soft looking self seriously as a villain.

but other than that i loved the movie.

Am i the only one who wasn't fond of killmonger? I just thought

it was kinda weak that his entire motivation was my dad was killed by his brother, even though i know he committed treason. so i spend my whole life trying to become the king of that nation, so i can destroy it and use its riches to help the rest of black people... by starting a worldwide war up against all other races. like wtf? not only that but i just cant take MBJ soft looking self seriously as a villain.

but other than that i loved the movie.
Put on your flame resistant clothing.

Still thinking about this masterpiece...

The dynamics between men and women in this film was incredible; should be the example of what society could be.

It’s interesting...

I haven’t seen any women complain about the hierarchy within the Wakanda nation. I think it comes down to this:

Ultimately, they don’t mind men being kings but just be a respectful, secure one. Male chauvinism, which features negative traits such as jealous, envy, actions of rape, etc., have been the shroud of human experience. For too long, women in response try to fight against that.

Many times though in that fight, positive aspects of what makes a male is lost or even degraded. This movie features a nation where these extreme ideologies from both men and women have been vanquished. No moral balancing acts necessary. Women can be women and men be men.

well i mean, i don't know the numbers, i didn't mean to downplay it. i thought CW did well. Well, whichever other one did really well, IW will be that level. I don't see it knocking off BP though just based on the makeup. Constantly adding more and more characters doesnt necessarily equate to larger turnouts. Could also mean diminishing returns. Sometimes its about the guts. The story. These stories always the same. Unforeseen danger. Oh nose. How will we ever survive? By banding together! Humbling ourselves. New friend approaches from the shadows! End credits. Post credits. Oh snap, it's silver surfer voiced by lawrence fishburne. .

avengers is a brand name.. it's a global event.. this is what the MCU has been building towards.. if AOU was 1.4 and IM3 was 1.2 (first avengers film was 1.5

then factor in every movie since dr strange (which made 677) has made over 800

by having the name "avengers" on it, it will be gross higher.. i'm feel pretty confident saying that CW, would have made more easily if it was named "avengers CW" instead of "captain america: CW"

while i completely agree that BP is a very significant moment in black cultural history.. IW is an event film, like star wars.. isnt exactly fair to judge the solo films vs the main event

IW, you better go on a head and buy tickets online the first hour they're available. Also, go ahead and buy yourself a reserved parking spot at the theather because there won't be any for a few days.

Still thinking about this masterpiece...

The dynamics between men and women in this film was incredible; should be the example of what society could be.

It’s interesting...

I haven’t seen any women complain about the hierarchy within the Wakanda nation. I think it comes down to this:

Ultimately, they don’t mind men being kings but just be a respectful, secure one. Male chauvinism, which features negative traits such as jealous, envy, actions of rape, etc., have been the shroud of human experience. For too long, women in response try to fight against that.

Many times though in that fight, positive aspects of what makes a male is lost or even degraded. This movie features a nation where these extreme ideologies from both men and women have been vanquished. No moral balancing acts necessary. Women can be women and men be men.
Great observation.

Thanos is a little more than "unforseen danger"

Everyone knows what's coming, this is going to be a HUGE movie during the heart of movie going season, it's going to do work.

They should've never killed off Killmonger.

He was the villian the MCU needed.

They should resurrect him and do some Marvel Zombies storyline

Definitely shouldnt have killed him off. I think it was them tying up loose ends. They had no idea how well the movie would do or if they'd even get another shot. Now Coogler has the neon green light, and already killed off one of the best film adaptation villains ever :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom