Waiter spilled water over me and my Droid razr. How can I get it replaced by them?

So was at a restraunt Cracker Barrel and the waiter spilled water all over me, my PHONE and the table. Waiter stood there shocked! People around gave us napkins, waiter did not, then other waiters came out and helped.. I was embarrassed also, pants was soaked

Waiter didnt want us to tell management, shortly after I said this food is free right? Anyways we ended up getting the food free. He really thought we were going to pay for our meal, I didnt complain till after we got our meal

My phone was covered in water, it was still working when I left but know my phone died, took it to VZW they says it have water damage like it has been submerged.

So this happen thursday, how can I get my phone replaced? Should I go to corporate or back to the restaurant first? The waiters know my phone got wet because they wiped it off for me

kind of too late bruh'

what proof do you got now?

no pictures...no video....nothing

you could of dropped it in the crapper for all they know now

take the L & roll

Should've done the rice trick.

Idk, I guess you can sue them. That's what everyone in America does.

Doesn't hurt to go and try. Just explain to the manager what happened. They might not be able to do anything on the spot tho but they're corporate so they might be able to do something for you.

Dude spilled water all over your phone and you were worried about a free meal?

It's too late to do anything now.

Might have to take the L. Try submerging it in rice but once parts are water damaged, theres no fixing those parts.

You got insurance? Doesn't Verizon offer kind of a "get out of jail free once card"?

So was at a restraunt Cracker Barrel and the waiter spilled water all over me, my PHONE and the table. Waiter stood there shocked! People around gave us napkins, waiter did not, then other waiters came out and helped.

:smh: @ you settling for free food after this crap

go back and explain the situation. see if you can pick out the waiter from the crowd. talk to him/her in front of the manager

you played yourself. you was all worried about a free meal instead of making them aware of the phone IN CASE it stopped working later. like everyone said now too much time has passed and ANYTHING could have happened to your phone since then.

suing is also dumb because you;'re gonna pay ******g at least $400.00 in filing fees just to bring the case and that's if you're pro se (represent yourself).

best start saving for a new phone homie.

Dude spilled water all over your phone and you were worried about a free meal?

It's too late to do anything now.

I'm saying. :lol:

Happened on Thursday? Damn, It might be too late. Go back and talk to the manager, There's nothing to lose at this point.

How about next time leave your phone in your pocket instead of on the table, general etiquette at a dinner table, don't feel sorry for you my nig
Cracker Barrel is not fine dining. Its a buffet. And OP totally slipped up by worrying about a free meal instead of recouping damages for the phone. You should have spoken to the manager so that it was on record that you made an attempt. Its Sunday, so you might be SOL seeing that it happened before the weekend.

Not surprised. I wouldn't be shocked if they did it on purpose. As everyone else has said, big L worrying about saving the under $20 bucks it costs to eat at Cracker Barrell in comparison to how much it's going to cost to replace your phone. Go back and talk to a manager and/or the waiter involved and see if they will do anything for you, but I doubt it.
How about next time leave your phone in your pocket instead of on the table, general etiquette at a dinner table, don't feel sorry for you my friend
Wouldn't have mattered, he said his pants were soaked too.

Last edited:
Well now u got a excuse to get an I Phone5
That is true as well.

As many Apple stans that are in this world I wouldn't be surprised if he did it on purpose so you could buy an IPHONE.

Cracker Barrel is not fine dining. Its a buffet. And OP totally slipped up by worrying about a free meal instead of recouping damages for the phone. You should have spoken to the manager so that it was on record that you made an attempt. Its Sunday, so you might be SOL seeing that it happened before the weekend.
It is? :lol:

Last edited:
That's crazy, because the RAZR is supposed to have that "water repellant nano coating" inside and out, and it still got water damaged from a spill? I wouldn't have worried about the meal considering if you don't have insurance, you'll be paying retail for a new phone ($500+). Good luck fam

That is true as well.
As many Apple stans that are in this world I wouldn't be surprised if he did it on purpose so you could buy an IPHONE.
It is?
laugh.gif
Got it mixed up with Golden Corral. They're all the same. Less than fine dining.

Strongly worded email to corporate with specific names of waiter and manager. If you don't have them, call and ask.

Stuff like this makes me want to walk around with a camera recording for the rest of my life.

Put it in a ziplock bag and leave it in a bowl of dry rice over night. It should help lessen the water damage.

Back
Top Bottom