VIDEO: Lil Wayne A Swagger Jacker?

WOW, alota bitting going on. (no mo)
smh.gif
Wayne is the worst

EDIT:
eek.gif
he photocopied Aaliyah's verse

Dang, at first I was just gonna brush it off as nothing cause I aint really care cause it seems like everyone does it
but when it went to Aaliyah & Musiq OMG!!!!!!!! hahahahhaha thats just rediculous!

smh.gif

When he doesn't deliberately bite I can listen to his songs, but stuff like this is a little too much

i didn't think it was a big deal when jay's version came out. I don't think it's a big deal now.

Come on now guys. Most of it isnt really biting. Come on now the majority of the lines were from very BIG songs from their artist.

yea but when jay did it everybody crucified him. At least he new the man he was borrowing lines from. But I knew wayne stole a hell of lot of lines I was justnever bored enough to do a swagger jacker weezy version

i didn't think it was a big deal when jay's version came out. I don't think it's a big deal now

Exactly. A lot of Nice respected rappers copy verses. Lil wayne still sucks.

Can anybody truly listen to this and not believe that Wayne is telling the truth when he says Gilly didn't write for him? His credibility is gone.

But to give him the benefit of a doubt, (Jay-Z) too.

I think that when you attempt to construct a song without using paper, you are more prone to use another persons lyrics without even realizing it.

Think about it, you're "writing" in your brain, and you're trying to think of dope lines, and ah ha! a dope line pops up, that line wasalready in your brain, but you failed to realize it was in there because you were listening to Biggie, Jada Kiss, Aaliyah
laugh.gif
a few days, weeks, or monthsago.

I'm pretty sure some of you have lyrics in your head and you can't remember exactly where they came from, but if you don't rap yourself, you knowit came from some rap song.

Just my take on it.

Originally Posted by Used to be Rich

Can anybody truly listen to this and not believe that Wayne is telling the truth when he says Gilly didn't write for him? His credibility is gone.

But to give him the benefit of a doubt, (Jay-Z) too.

I think that when you attempt to construct a song without using paper, you are more prone to use another persons lyrics without even realizing it.

Think about it, you're "writing" in your brain, and you're trying to think of dope lines, and ah ha! a dope line pops up, that line was already in your brain, but you failed to realize it was in there because you were listening to Biggie, Jada Kiss, Aaliyah
laugh.gif
a few days, weeks, or months ago.

I'm pretty sure some of you have lyrics in your head and you can't remember exactly where they came from, but if you don't rap yourself, you know it came from some rap song.

Just my take on it.

im glad you brought that up. now thats a good point, but tell me, could you really respect (or in this case call the best ___ alive) a painter, who usesthe same EXACT schemes in his paintings. or respect a poet that made a poem that was the EXACT same thing as another? the rap game isnt "i stole yourrhyme, and i sound better with it" its innovation. its not fair to boss hova or Aaliyah to sit down for 5 mins and thing of something ill to say on atrack, and somebody gets in the booth 7yrs. later and spit (or sing-spit
laugh.gif
) that same thing. ur not showing growth. and not showing growth isnt goin to get you far in the game/

^^ I agree you don't spit somebody else verse not remembering where you got it from tho. I see not remembering a line but if you know the whole verse.

laugh.gif
at came in the beggining of the jay-z one "youlike Mark McGwire on steriods you hit a whole bunch of home runs n you on steriods"

you made your point cam

The best thing about it is that he's copying Jay-Z's original lines.
pimp.gif
Just goes to show people that are Wayneheads and Hova haters (I don'tknow anybody that loves Wayne and likes Jay-Z too) that your favorite rapper bites too.

People that don't like Jay-Z always come with that argument that he bites, especially when they're trying to say that he sucks. I usually don'teven argue with those foolish mortals though. I'll give them 5 minutes of my time at the max, and then leave it alone, because it is usually no convincingthem.

smh.gif
at myself for NOT knowing the verse from Rock Bottom was from my wife inanother lifetime, Aaliyah.

I think that a lot of that could be misconstrued as "biting" but a lot of it could be misconstrued as homage as well. If I ever spit bars (which Icant and never will lol) I would shout of BIG and PAC for how they shaped me with their lyrics as a youth. But thats just me. Cant speak for Weezy, asinfectious as his lyrics are.

Alot of this stuff is material that never made it to any album, even the tracks he's just playing around on gets leaked

And some are far fetched like the Juvi one, it was the same beat and they were in the same group

Jada's pop bottles was dumb too, he's on the song

Plus, Jay Z's was only a shocker because it was the first time we heard an audio to audio lyric comparison

Truth is everybody does it

Look at Snoop's Loddy Doddy, the WHOLE song was lifted from Slick Rick, he only changed like 5 words...lol

I thought the first biggie line that he took was so obvious that it was sort of an homage, but as the video went on there was some straight plagiarism. Come onman, Aliyah!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom