VCU goin in! House party has floor collapse!

I've been to a few crazy parties at VCU but not like this.  Damn, should of gone down to Richmond last weekend!

http://www.nbc12.com/stor...vcu#.TlOoqpno_ew.twitter

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - An overcrowded house party, near the VCU campus, ends up with the entire floor collapsing into the basement.

This happened in the 2000 block of Idlewood Avenue in the Randolph neighborhood.

The good news is there were only a few injuries, none serious.

There were about 60 to 100 people inside the home when the living room floor inside collapsed.

Fire crews tell us everyone that was on that floor dropped 10 to 12 feet down into the basement. Everything on that floor fell down as well.

A DJ was inside the home during the party. He actually helped to pull some of the people up that fell through the floor.

He told us how this all may have happened.

"It dropped once, and everyone started to party again. It dropped twice and sunk in a little — then everyone kept partying. Then, the third time, it just collapsed," said Marvin Orane.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

At this point, we do not know how many of the nearly 100 people inside were actually VCU students. But with school back in session, and the home so close to VCU, it is a good possibility that some inside were students.

The building inspector will now have to figure out how this happened and why.

He will check to see if the building was overcrowded and if it was up to code before the collapse.

Originally Posted by yomegaaa

At this point, we do not know how many of the nearly 100 people inside were actually VCU students. But with school back in session, and the home so close to VCU, it is a good possibility that some inside were students.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Caerus

Must have been playing grove st party...

Nah there'd be WSHH vids of _s fighting before the floor collapsed. VCU parties
smokin.gif
have yet to hit a bad one. Glad I stayed home though
laugh.gif

Was at an apt party in Tucson my soph year and the floor caved in. Not a fun experience lol

Back
Top Bottom