v6 or v8 in muscle car.

Sup y'all, I bring to you the typical v6 or v8 question.I asked this because I'm looking into buying a charger either 2010 sxt which is a v6, or 2011 v6 charger.Which is about the same, would it be a smart choice to get either one or go with a stronger engine as in the v8 hemi.Can I get some pros n cons to this. Any advice would be great.

This thread is gna eat Ninjahood alive.

laugh.gif

*Insert Da Hemi Joke here *

The only v6 muscle car I would get is a Buick Grand National.

Any other Muscle car HAS to be a V8 for me.

In order for it to be a muscle car it needs a v8.
I dont make the rules but thats how it iss

Originally Posted by SC415

money is sort of an issue here. Also why is a v6 look down upon?

Because you don't really see people talking about their V6 muscle cars. 
You see people talking about their 454's, hemi v8's, etc.

money is sort of an issue here. Also why is a v6 look down upon?

That's the whole reason they make V6's in those cars. So you can imagine why everyone looks down on them.
A V6 Charger is just a gutless heavy $!+ car.

Oh ok, do y'all think I would get clowned of for having a v6 tho?

Only by people with self esteem issues. Nobody really cares. Just don't go around inviting attention to your V6. If money is an issue, I don't see why you're buying a gas sucking muscle car in the first place, but whatever.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by Zyzz

no such thing as a V6 muscle car.

I usually agree with you on car relater issues, but your dead wrong this time.

�

�
meant recently. not back in the day
laugh.gif

Just get what you can afford and to hell with what other dudes think. I'd say get a V8 cause thats what makes a muscle car but if you can't afford it then get the V6. The new V6 in the Chargers is pretty strong so it's not like your getting a weak car. Has the new Pentastar V6 so its pretty strong and you get good gas mileage. New V6's in the muscle cars are pretty damn strong. 2011+ V6 Mustang packs a 315 horsepower V6 which is more power then the V8s that came in the Mustangs just a decade ago. Sound nowhere near as good but the power is there, lacks the torque though. 

That GNX is tough.

but CRAZY rare and SUPER expensive. So aside from that Buick, a V6 muscle car is an oxymoron.

Go with what you want and what you can afford. Personally, I'd want the V8 and the manual, but if you don't like that or don't want it, don't get it.

People like to say "oh he's such a lame for having a V6 car, all show and no go", but if you can't afford it, it's worse to have people say "oh he's even lamer for having a V8 car he can barely afford, trying too hard to ball". You're the one who's paying the money and is driving it. It's foolish to diss someone cause they're lacking 2 cylinders.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Just get what you can afford and to hell with what other dudes think. I'd say get a V8 cause thats what makes a muscle car but if you can't afford it then get the V6. The new V6 in the Chargers is pretty strong so it's not like your getting a weak car. Has the new Pentastar V6 so its pretty strong and you get good gas mileage. New V6's in the muscle cars are pretty damn strong. 2011+ V6 Mustang packs a 315 horsepower V6 which is more power then the V8s that came in the Mustangs just a decade ago. Sound nowhere near as good but the power is there, lacks the torque though. 

Good point

ehh

mmmm...and I'll still dust a '10-11 v6

Jaehow wrote:
That GNX is tough.

but CRAZY rare and SUPER expensive. So aside from that Buick, a V6 muscle car is an oxymoron.

Ehh... Pretty much 
laugh.gif

OP   If I were you I would opt for a gently used R/T. IMO Best value for the money right now, and it will be much more desirable than a 6 banger in a few years when/if  you decide to get rid of it.

Its too bad most Police agency's don't use any 2 doors anymore. It would be so sweet to get a SSV Challenger for the dirt but all I ever see is Chargers.

Back
Top Bottom