USPS (priority to Canada)tracking # = Canadapost Tracking #

Just a little PSA for those who don't know like myself. I've sort of been panicking for the past few days because I still haven't gotten my packagefrom NYC (tdot here). I'd normally get it in 4 days but it's been 6 (I'm a lil bit impatient about this because it's an important package and Iknow I should've just shipped through UPS or Fedex).

Anyhow, to cut the long story short, I tried entering the USPS tracking on the Canadapost website. It doesn't give you a tracking like EMS but it has atleast an update more than the USPS website (as of today, shipped on the 18th):

USPS:
Code:
International Dispatch   UNITED STATES                          01/18/08 11:40pmAcceptance               BRONX NY 10462                         01/17/08  4:31pm

Canadapost:[table][tr][td]2008/01/22[/td] [td]13:27[/td] [td]VILLE ST-LAURENT, QC[/td] [td]International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008/01/18[/td] [td]23:40[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008/01/17[/td] [td]16:31[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]International item mailed in origin country[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

Yep, the tracking number should work on the Canada Post website because when packages are shipped by USPS and arrive at the border, then Canada Post takes overfrom there. This is cause we don't have a USPS service in Canada.

From my expeirence, up to the point where the package has arrived in Canada, USPS will have the most up to date status/tracking info. Once the package hasarrived, however, Canada Post will have the most up to date status/tracking info. Just a FYI for those who didn't know. This only holds true for inboundpackages, I don't really know about outbound packages.

^ for outboud packages, canadapost is THE WORST

Ive shipped out items and all it says is:

Accepted at post office
Entered Sortation Plant
Item Delivered

Back
Top Bottom