University Class Registration Unappreciation Post

We'll at least here at my school. It's slow, lagging, classes get full, it's weird the schedule they have for it.

How do you guys schools handle registration?

you go to school in Houston? TSU's registration=
smh.gif
. I used to dread registration there.

Our school sends out assigned registration times as to when ur allowed to sign up for classes. They go by whos been there the longest. Apparently it workspretty good.

i sign up the minute I'm available to register. but yeah its ridiculous some places. ours is done by classes ( Senior, Junior, Sophomore. Freshmen). thenits done by credit hours already completed

With Courses being cut left and right here at Rutgers for a larger football stadium, registration has been nothing but a nightmare.

definitely unappreciated.

I was assigned one of the latest days to register for classes too, so everyone's already done with their scheds while I take the leftovers.

I'm stuck with early morning classes with hard professors and horrible breaks between classes.

syracuse university here. i hate this process.

i went to register for classes come to find out i had a hold on my account. for no reason. i sat in an office for a good 30 mins just to talk to some guy forlike two mins to take the hold off
indifferent.gif

Tell me how I'm a Senior and my registration is a week after it starts?!?! FIRST PRIORITES FIU%!#+?!?!?!

registered today at 12:15. it's a pain in the butt every semester.

finance
marketing
management
law and the internet
law of business organizations

still contemplating changing finance and marketing professors

unappreciated. im a senior but i havent had all my credits transferred yet so i only have 15 credits on file completed. i got to register yesterday at 5pm whenregistration started the 6th at 8am.

i managed to do ok though. one class i really wanted was full, so i checked back again this morning and it had one seat avalible. most people dont keepchecking classes, but if you do, a seat could be open. ive managed to get a class that i needed almost every semester that was full, just by checking it a fewtimes a day.

i entered the wrong course number and now i have an 8 am mwf. oh well, it's an easy class.

Yeah I had to register early morning. I registered for

Intermediate Accounting I
Cost Accounting II
Finance
Business Ethics
Statistics II

I'm set for my current school but if and when I transfer for the spring if Baruch every hurrys up and tells me I'm accepted its going be a nightmareI'm already fearing the CUNY system makes me just want to stay at St.Johns

i don't think it can ever be "easy." think about it: a couple thousand people are registering at the same time, and a few hundred are registeringfor the same classes. my school splits up the student population into 2 groups, one registers early, the other the next day. but still, there isn't muchthat can be done, imo, which will alleviate much of the competition of class registering. at lesat in higher level classes it's easier to get into (in myexperience).

i don't think it can ever be "easy."

False. After reading what you guys go through, I feel ridiculously lucky. Our registration is all online. After 10 quarters now, I've registered throughout the entire 2 month registration perios before (either beginning or the end or switchign in between) I have NEVER had a problem nor do I know of anyone having problems. There are some classes capped at 20 or so that require competitive applications, but that is a small number and doesn't really count. I can't imagine going and waiting in some huge line and then finding everythign full. How the hell are you supposed to learn like that? No wonder so many kids are taking 5+ now for just a BS/BA

Word...unappreciated because of the weird sign up times i have to get, and if u don't sign up at the time your classes could get filled.

next qtr i'm taking Statics, Vector Calculus, Ethics and Society, and Intro to Psychology. Should be an easy engineering quarter.

It normally sucks but at least my final round of registration as an undergrad was finished a few days ago and i am very satisfied with the ease at getting allof the classes I wanted and I got a great schedule.

Originally Posted by ChiqGa

definitely unappreciated.

I was assigned one of the latest days to register for classes too, so everyone's already done with their scheds while I take the leftovers.

I'm stuck with early morning classes with hard professors and horrible breaks between classes.

syracuse university here. i hate this process.

I know what you're talking about. I presume you are a freshman. Take this as an unofficial welcome to the school. Last yr. I went through the sameprocess. I am having the same problem again this yr. I need to take Sociology to fill a requirement but they reserved seats for freshmen. Now, I have to waiton the waitlist to see whether or not I can get into the class.

Def unappreciated.
Since I'm a freshman and they did some random order. I ended up being the second to last session to sign up for class.
With that being said, my calculus class prof that i took this semester is full next, so now i had to sign up for some random cal class and was wait listed formy OG prof.
So with the open space, i signed up for scuba diving class.
But after i did that, my OG prof class opened up, but i cant switch my class till the start of next semester

Unnapreciated. They gave me a schedule appointment late as hell and instead of taking some upper class courses I have to try to get in on the first day ofclasses by asking the professor or else I'm only taking 6 total credits. I only need 33 more credits to get my degree too, this is some bull...

Back
Top Bottom