UFL team names revealed. (Vol. Mad corny...)

http://www.orlandosentine...e-072609,0,5085559.story

If the speculation and research is true, then the new Orlando franchise in the United Football League will be called the Tuskers.

The new names were first discovered by Mark Nelson of uflfansite.com.

Upon searching the U.S. Government Trademark Search Engine, sure enough, trademark applications have been made by the UFL for the Orlando Tuskers, San Francisco Rockfish, Las Vegas Locomotives and the New York Sentinels.

Sentinels could be kind of dope...

440px-Sentinels_head.jpg

...but the rest of this @@#*? Rockfish? Tuskers? The !**# is a "tusker"?

So, just what is a Tusker? Glad you asked.

A Tusker is a wild boar, many of which roam wild throughout the everglades and the state of Florida. Apparently the league did extensive historical research to come up with the names.

The league, which has also registered domain names for the teams, was set to unveil the team names, uniforms and logos in August.

I can't wait for that...
laugh.gif

Can't wait for the Team Rockfish sigs to start popping up, too...

LV Locomotives? Wth? I could see that if Barstow had a UFL team but where in the crip walkin christ did they get that name from?

I live in Vegas and dont get it.

Las Vegas Locomotives?
roll.gif
I guess anything to get away from the seedy image of the city. I would have gone with Desperados myself.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Las Vegas Locomotives?
roll.gif
I guess anything to get away from the seedy image of the city. I would have gone with Desperados myself.
I would have gone with the Las Vegas Gamblers handsdown!
laugh.gif

Tuskers
laugh.gif

I'm from Orlando and that's probably the best name they're going to come up with
laugh.gif

for Orlando they could have done....

the diamondbacks
the ospreys (type of sea hawk)
the bobcats
the storm
the thunder

maybe even the everglades
laugh.gif

I'm rooting for the UFL, too. I just bought season tickets.
laugh.gif

At least they're 50-yard line and first two rows...

The city of San Francisco, California has been chosen to host an American football team scheduled to compete in the United Football League starting in 2009.Former Minnesota Vikings and Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green has been named as the team's first head coach.[1] The team will play at AT&T Park.[2]

Back
Top Bottom