UFC 113 Machida vs. Rua 2 - May 8 in Montreal - Tickets on sale now

quik1987

Banned
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
by Greg Savage ([email protected])

Mauricio Rua will likely have to wait another six months to rematch the man many people believe he defeated last month in a UFC light heavyweight championship match.

Yahoo’s Dan Wetzel is reporting that UFC President Dana White told him that Rua will face off with champion Lyoto Machida on May 1 in Montreal.

Machida’s manager, Ed Soares, confirmed the date to Sherdog.com through a text message, but Rua’s manager, Eduardo Alonso, said in an e-mail he has not been approached yet with a date.

The rematch was optimistically scheduled for Jan. 2’s UFC 108 but had to be moved back due to a hand injury suffered by Machida in the first fight.

Machida (16-0) took home a controversial unanimous decision that has been widely panned by pundits and fans as well as UFC brass. In an interview last week, White told Sherdog.com that both he and UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta scored the bout four rounds to one in favor of “Shogun.

Nice. I wonder if we'll ever see UFC come to Western Canada....
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Nice. I wonder if we'll ever see UFC come to Western Canada....
nerd.gif

I believe MMA is legal in Alberta (not sure about BC). Dana White can make that happen easy.

and i'll be there in Montreal
eek.gif
pimp.gif

^ yeah we have outdated laws here that legally say a "prize fight" can only be boxing...they're working on it though.

Back
Top Bottom