Training Camp/Preseason Surprises and Busts....who's making noise?

I'll start off w. the skins...

Surprise:

Marko Mitchell...dude has been a beast for the skins. Shown great speed and hands. There's some chatter that if he makes the team, he'll get regularPT....he's looked the best out of all the WR's on the roster
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Washington+********+Minicamp+jkAVc_nBQpUl.jpg

Bust:

Colt Brennan...the Fat Turd (Chase Daniel) might have the inside track on the #3 QB spot. There's gonna be a good battle between these two on Thurs vs.the Jags. 3 INTs (2 in the red zone) has killed this dude....
http://www.theheismanwinners.com/images/colt-brennan-*******s_1_.jpg

you ******** fans have been hyping colt brennan like dude is that deal.. he's a straight BUM Surprise: Glen Coffee Shawn Nelson Jared Cook Louis MurphyDerrick Williams Deon Butler Lesean Mccoy BJ Raji Louis Delmas Nelson and cook were really surprises to me.. i just didn't expect them to ball out rightout the gate.. BJ Raji is surprising because you never really know what to expect out of the defensive tackle postion.. ala glen dorsey And Matthew Stafford isa MOTHA F'IN PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BJ Raji is straight disgusting....Packers got a nice one there. He's getting a ridiculous push off the snap.

Glen Coffee (and his stupid facemask) has been doing his thing this preseason as well...is he projecting to be the #2 behind Gore?

*as far as Brennan...only morons have been hyping him up. You should see all the nonsense surrounding this guy on the Skins MB.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by thetruth03

some of you ******** fans have been hyping colt brennan like dude is that deal.. he's a straight BUM
*Fixed*

I was never high on dude, but im steadily hearing friends talk about em, saying if Campbell struggles this year, he'll be our QB..

sick.gif

I think i'll rather play through Campbell's struggles.

Stefan Logan, KR for the Steelers... the 28 year old CFL player has looked extremely good returning kicks/punts this preseason, very explosive and shifty.

Another guy getting buzz is Pittsburgh's 7th round pick, TE David Johnson from Ark. State (6'2", 260 lbs
eek.gif
)... dude is large.

Also - Keyaron Fox, speak of the devil as he just about killed Jenkins, has pretty much sealed up the discussion on whether or not we'll miss Foote ornot. I think anything is an upgrade over Foote personally, but Fox now makes the transition all that much smoother I believe.

That's the official report out of Steelers camp
tongue.gif

Dre I meant to put nelson and cook weren't surprises, I just didn't expect them to ball out right out the gate.. crafty I agree on stefen logans.. Dudehas been staight beasting on kick return.. Yea dre got a new bbm PIN add me.. 20F68FF9

the cowboys should have traded up for either delmas and rashad and also louis murphy ... i was screamin for that *%%@ in the draft thread and they didnt do*%%@ ... our draft class looks like straight buns and will be nothing but special teamers ... HOWEVER, kevin ogletree is the best receiver in our camp rightnow and dude will be something serious this year ...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

BJ Raji is straight disgusting....Packers got a nice one there. He's getting a ridiculous push off the snap.
http://www.packers.com/multimedia/videos/recent/

photo31.jpg

Havent watched a ton of preseason from around the league but another GB name is Jermichael Finley... He is going to break out this year.

photo19.jpg

And i know everyone is already up on him but if he keeps up what hes been doing in his 35 or so snaps over the last 3 games, Rodgers is going to be a top 5 QBin the league. Seriously.

[table][tr][td]WK[/td] [td]OPP[/td] [td]RESULT[/td] [td]Passing[/td] [td]Rushing[/td] [td]Fumbles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Comp[/td] [td]Att[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]Int[/td] [td]Sck[/td] [td]SckY[/td] [td]Rate[/td] [td]Att[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]FUM[/td] [td]Lost[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td] CLE[/td] [td]W 17-0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]50.0[/td] [td]102[/td] [td]10.2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]119.6[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td] BUF[/td] [td]W 31-21[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]88.9[/td] [td]98[/td] [td]10.9[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]151.6[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td] @ ARI[/td] [td]W 44-37[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]73.7[/td] [td]258[/td] [td]13.6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]155.2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]19.5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][/table]
Looked as cool as can be last night vs the Cards and he absolutely went after Rodgers-Cromartie... DRC got abused for at least 3 out of the 4* TD's that ARod threw (one being called back because James Jones stepped his pinky toe outta bounds...). Cards knew they were gonna throw but they could not stop it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81238faa/Pre-WK-3-Aaron-Rodgers-highlights

photo1.jpg

Can we just put the Packers as a whole...If Rodgers plays like this in the season, he'll be MVP and the Pack will probably be the favorite in the NFC.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

already a homer thread
Because everyone pays attention to everyone elses teams during the preseasons right? Especially lesser known players ready to break out...
grin.gif

This was a homer thread before DJ's hit the "post" button.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

Originally Posted by MBen32

Can we just put the Packers as a whole...If Rodgers plays like this in the season, he'll be MVP and the Pack will probably be the favorite in the NFC.

roll.gif

I Honestly don't know whats so "rofl" worthy of what i said?

Even if Rodgers plays slightly better than he did last year, and the Pack can toughen up on their Run D, i dont see how they wouldnt already be a favorite??
The NFC, as usual, is lacking a true dominant team and there are probably somewhere around 5-8 teams that can legitimately contend, if not more.

I Honestly don't know whats so "rofl" worthy of what i said?

roll.gif

grin.gif

Okay, yu have yet to give any insight on whats so outlandish about that statement. other than giving a "
roll.gif
"

Its not like i said hes gonna win the MVP, i said if his play in the season is like the preseason, he will be a MVP candidate and the Pack will be a favoritein the NFC.

so please tell me whats so funny?

are you remedial? you said in plain english "he'll be MVP" ... and then you said the packers would be the favorite in the NFC because........theres no clear cut favorite as usual in the NFC .. .. ... ... ........

Okay?

So if he puts up numbers like he is in the pre-season, he won't be in contention for the MVP award?
grin.gif

and if he plays like this, along with the Defense able to stop the run, they won't be a favorite in the NFC?

and when is the last time the NFC has had 2 or 3 teams or are consistantly competing for the NFC title? Those teams are usually interchangeable year in andyear out. unlike the AFC, where Pittsburgh, New England, San Diego, and Indianapolis always come into the season with a chance of making a run at the SB, foratleast the past 4-6 years.

Okay?

So if he puts up numbers like he is in the pre-season, he won't be in contention for the MVP award?
grin.gif

and if he plays like this, along with the Defense able to stop the run, they won't be a favorite in the NFC?

and when is the last time the NFC has had 2 or 3 teams or are consistantly competing for the NFC title? Those teams are usually interchangeable year in and year out. unlike the AFC, where Pittsburgh, New England, San Diego, and Indianapolis always come into the season with a chance of making a run at the SB, for atleast the past 4-6 years.

okay? lol the preseason means NOTHING ... as i said before the lions were 4-0 last preseason and look how well that turned out for them ... youre letting a fewpractice games convince you that a 6 win team is suddenly the NFC favorite? yes that is deserving of a
roll.gif
... youre talking about carrying over preseaosn stats to the regular season asyoure reasoning for saying erin is gonna be the mvp and the packers are the favorites ... seriously
indifferent.gif
... "o but if they can stop the run and if erin can complete everypass he throws and blah blah blah" my man get real ... if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas ... if the TO subtractionworks out in big D we HAVE to be the favorite ... i mean theres no other teams who consistently contend in the NFC so i dont see why not ... ... ...
laugh.gif
youre being delusional ...

Back
Top Bottom