Toyota vs Honda vs Nissan? Most Reliable brand, looking to eventually get a new car.

Right now I have a 97 Camry, that gets the job done, but it has 260k miles on it, and when I graduate in May next year I`m more than likely going to be relocating. I look to have about 10-13k Saved to buy a whip, or at least put down a huge down payment, because I'd rather not have a car note, or at least one as small as possible. I`m 6'3 so I cant drive a tiny coupe, so I`m looking for a good looking, fuel efficient, spacious, car.

The newer Camrys look great but with the whole recall stuff a while back idk. Altimas look great even though the whole hood whipping em now, and I've seen nice models of newer accords that look good.
Any recommendations or advice?

I wanted to do a Luxury whip such as a BMW or Lexus, lol but I`ll save that for when I finally make it.

Right now I have a 97 Camry, that gets the job done, but it has 260k miles on it, and when I graduate in May next year I`m more than likely going to be relocating. I look to have about 10-13k Saved to buy a whip, or at least put down a huge down payment, because I'd rather not have a car note, or at least one as small as possible. I`m 6'3 so I cant drive a tiny coupe, so I`m looking for a good looking, fuel efficient, spacious, car.

The newer Camrys look great but with the whole recall stuff a while back idk. Altimas look great even though the whole hood whipping em now, and I've seen nice models of newer accords that look good.
Any recommendations or advice?

I wanted to do a Luxury whip such as a BMW or Lexus, lol but I`ll save that for when I finally make it.

nissan . my whole family has nissans, were loyal. i inherited (kinda) a 99 nissan altima. it has 93k miles. runs beautifly, and doesnt look trashy (as i feel like some camrys do already) . hondas are nice but to me the motors are trash. only reason they run fast is because they make the car so light.

nissan . my whole family has nissans, were loyal. i inherited (kinda) a 99 nissan altima. it has 93k miles. runs beautifly, and doesnt look trashy (as i feel like some camrys do already) . hondas are nice but to me the motors are trash. only reason they run fast is because they make the car so light.

You can't go wrong with your classic family sedans. Camry and altima for the win.

I would, however try and save up just a bit more and go for an used TSX. It's a bit more pricey, but a lot better quality when it comes to interior and reliability.

You can't go wrong with your classic family sedans. Camry and altima for the win.

I would, however try and save up just a bit more and go for an used TSX. It's a bit more pricey, but a lot better quality when it comes to interior and reliability.

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

You do realize Toyota and Nissan are one and the same right?

Bet you Googled it.

laugh.gif
  Such a fool, if anyone googled that then 
indifferent.gif

camrys are still good to go even with the earlier recall stuff. they built real solid but interior just looks to simple to me.

camrys are still good to go even with the earlier recall stuff. they built real solid but interior just looks to simple to me.

I`m not concerned about speed what so ever.

So the newer Camrys are good to go?

I was thinking Camrys would be the best, because I like the build of the newer ones, kind of like a poor mans lexus even though thats what they are lol. In regards to mileage, I know older Hondas and Toyotas run forever, can it be said the same with newer ones? *I know thats though to call being that they are new*, How many miles are to many when buying? Like I said I honestly dont want to have a car note, and if I could spend 9-10 stacks Id be happy, but I know I may end up dropping 11+

I was thinking Camrys would be the best, because I like the build of the newer ones, kind of like a poor mans lexus even though thats what they are lol. In regards to mileage, I know older Hondas and Toyotas run forever, can it be said the same with newer ones? *I know thats though to call being that they are new*, How many miles are to many when buying? Like I said I honestly dont want to have a car note, and if I could spend 9-10 stacks Id be happy, but I know I may end up dropping 11+

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I like the way you think.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I like the way you think.
pimp.gif

My family owns cars under all three brands, they are all reliable. Toyota and Honda are more common within my area as opposed to Nissan because every Nissan I've seen/heard in this area hasn't been properly maintained and our Nissan dealership out here isn't the best compared to Honda/Toyota dealerships. And you can hear it when they start it, leave off with it, and when you drive next to it.

My family owns cars under all three brands, they are all reliable. Toyota and Honda are more common within my area as opposed to Nissan because every Nissan I've seen/heard in this area hasn't been properly maintained and our Nissan dealership out here isn't the best compared to Honda/Toyota dealerships. And you can hear it when they start it, leave off with it, and when you drive next to it.

Finally a useful thread in General. I'm with OP, I'm looking to get one within the next couple of months, and like OP I need space. I'm leaning towards an Altima, but I wouldn't mind a Camry if the space is right. I'll be watching the post for any useful info.
nerd.gif

Finally a useful thread in General. I'm with OP, I'm looking to get one within the next couple of months, and like OP I need space. I'm leaning towards an Altima, but I wouldn't mind a Camry if the space is right. I'll be watching the post for any useful info.
nerd.gif

My main thing is I just want a quite ride, and a body that will still look good in 5 years. Alot of the Hondas look to Fast and Furious for me, and everyone and there mom has a Altima now, but I guess that may be a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom