Topics for first Presidential Debate on Oct. 3 announced.

http://www.2012presidentialelection...first-presidential-debate-on-oct-3-announced/

http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2012-debate-schedule/2012-presidential-debate-schedule/

The topics for the first Presidential Debate, scheduled for October 3, have been released.

Here are the topics broken down by time allotted of the 90 minute debate:

Economy – 45 minutes
Health Care – 15 minutes
Role of Government – 15 minutes
Governing - 15 minutes

Schedule:
October 3, 2012
October 11, 2012 - Vice Presidential
October 16, 2012
October 22, 2012

It only would take a half way decent politician to show how somebody who ran Bain would be a DISASTER for 90 percent of the country.

I respect how drug dealers make money more than how Romney made his money.

I want some questions on why Obama administration has been outright lying about the 9/11/12 attacks. Saying it wasn't planned it was just a random reaction to a bootleg YouTube video.

Obama doesn't have a great rep for debates. I'm curious to see how hard he pushes

Last edited:
I'm leaving this out there. I hope you all can watch it.

Mittens will crack under pressure while Obama keeps it G and wings the tough questions.

It's not even going to be fair! Even Faux will struggle to edit it for their news problem so it doesn't look like Romney's getting killed.

It's not even going to be fair! Even Faux will struggle to edit it for their news problem so it doesn't look like Romney's getting killed.

Yeah pretty much, each media outlet will say their party was the clear winner in the debate. Supporting them even from a screw up. I see the first debate most important cause it would be so difficult to recover from such a lose with the media egging the situation.

@Future, strong video thanks for posting.

Also....

Will deliver :smokin

I don't think Obama is a particularly great debater but he's better than Mr let me bet you 10000 dollars Romney, I can't wait.

Cam Brady and Marty Huggins had a way better and more entertaining debate than these two ever will.

I found these quotes amusing...

"Barack Obama, I would submit, is not a very good debater," says David Birdsell, the dean of Baruch College's School of Public Affairs and a renowned debate expert. "He's very cautious, he ramps down the arch of ambition that we otherwise see in his prepared spoken material—and it's distancing. He has that vocal tic where he says, 'Look,' and then pauses. The 'Look' is a gesture of impatience—saying that at best we don't fully understand the situation, or at worst 'I'm tired of dealing with these idiotic inquiries.' It's deeply condescending. Then he chooses his words very carefully, but they don't sound like they're coming from the human heart."

Here is Birdsell's even less charitable view of Mitt Romney as a debater: "He shows an excess of caution in declaring his interests and perspectives. And he shows a degree of deftness at avoiding commitment—and consistently a failure to provide a compelling narrative of what drives him, either personally or in the policy arena. Now, he remembers figures well, and he looks great in doing what he does. But it's possible to rattle him. Remember when Rick Perry got under his skin? He replied with, 'I'll bet you 10,000 bucks.' When rattled, he runs to his inner Eddie Haskell."

From GQ's October Issue
Read More http://www.gq.com/news-politics/pol...2-robert-draper-gq-october-2012#ixzz27oJr3qNl

"Barack Obama, I would submit, is not a very good debater," says David Birdsell, the dean of Baruch College's School of Public Affairs and a renowned debate expert. "He's very cautious, he ramps down the arch of ambition that we otherwise see in his prepared spoken material—and it's distancing. He has that vocal tic where he says, 'Look,' and then pauses. The 'Look' is a gesture of impatience—saying that at best we don't fully understand the situation, or at worst 'I'm tired of dealing with these idiotic inquiries.' It's deeply condescending. Then he chooses his words very carefully, but they don't sound like they're coming from the human heart."

Here is Birdsell's even less charitable view of Mitt Romney as a debater: "He shows an excess of caution in declaring his interests and perspectives. And he shows a degree of deftness at avoiding commitment—and consistently a failure to provide a compelling narrative of what drives him, either personally or in the policy arena. Now, he remembers figures well, and he looks great in doing what he does. But it's possible to rattle him. Remember when Rick Perry got under his skin? He replied with, 'I'll bet you 10,000 bucks.' When rattled, he runs to his inner Eddie Haskell."
From GQ's October Issue
Read More http://www.gq.com/news-politics/pol...2-robert-draper-gq-october-2012#ixzz27oJr3qNl
So basically Obama gets annoyed answering stupid questions and Mitt...never says anything of value. 

From GQ's October Issue

So basically Obama gets annoyed answering stupid questions and Mitt...never says anything of value. 
Yup
BTW that is an interesting video you posted I wasn't aware of the debate requirements

Mittens will crack under pressure while Obama keeps it G and wings the tough questions.
obama ain't really all that without a teleprompter.

son got swag, but da GOP primary was a trial by fire as far as im concerned..so mitt is prepared, either way its gonna be a GOOOOD debate.

THE POLITICAL SITUATION IN THIS COUNTRY IS OUTRIGHT PATHETIC.

**** THIS DEBATE. **** THE ELECTION. AND **** YOU FOR THINKING YOUR VOTE HAS A SMIDGEON OF SIGNIFICANCE.

Last edited:
THE POLITICAL SITUATION IN THIS COUNTRY IS OUTRIGHT PATHETIC.

**** THIS DEBATE. **** THE ELECTION. AND **** YOU FOR THINKING YOUR VOTE HAS A SMIDGEON OF SIGNIFICANCE.
Thats why the GOP thinks voter suppression is needed, right? 

Oh and I want you to tell me what you think of that video. I'm legitimately interested in what your thoughts are on it. You might find that you and the stance it takes are very similar. I'm being serious. 

Last edited:
Which presidents were great debaters?

Any in our lifetime?
National level? State level? 

I know some local politicians who kick *** on stage but we're all familiar with the larger examples.

Nixon was great when you spoke to him but JFK looked better. 

Video killed the radio star...and actual candidates. 

If Romney doesn't point out that the large banks are bigger and that a normal BK process for Detroit would have done the same thing as Obama did without the taxpayer funded bailout of the UAW, and the abysmal Cafh-for-Clunkers program, then he's going to lose the economic portion of the debate easily.

Back
Top Bottom