Thursday Night Football: Rams vs Steelers Gameday Thread

GO RAMS

gorams2.gif

Posted: 21 hours 32 minutes ago

Quick Take: Steelers (9-5) at Rams (3-11)

NFL.com

Last meeting
Quarterback Marc Bulger threw for 375 yards to lead the Rams past the host Steelers, 33-21, in Week 8 of the 2003 season.
[table][tr][td]
W_Parker_121707_ia.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]David Drapkin / Getty Images[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Willie Parker is leading the NFL in rushing this year with 1,317 yards.

» Who is second to Parker?[/td] [/tr][/table]
Streaks
These teams have alternated wins in their past six matchups, but the Rams hold the all-time advantage 15-5-2. Check out the complete head-to-head breakdown.

Last week
Each team hosted a formidable foe and sent their fans home disappointed. Pittsburgh welcomed Jacksonville to Heinz Field and wound up with a damaging 29-22 loss that dropped it into a tie with Cleveland for first place in the AFC North. St. Louis, meanwhile, played at home against Green Bay and lost 33-14 to the NFC North champs.

At stake
The Steelers desperately need a victory to snap a two-game losing skid and keep pace with the surging Browns, who would lose a head-to-head tiebreaker with Pittsburgh. The Rams, on the other hand, are just playing for pride at this point after having been eliminated from the playoff race long ago. Complete playoff picture.
[table][tr][td]
nfln8-logo.gif

Thursday Night Football

Steelers at Rams

Dec. 20, 8 p.m. ET

Exclusive in-game action, highlights, studio analysis, interactive games and more.

[/td] [/tr][/table]
Key matchup
Steelers WR Hines Ward vs. Rams CB Fakhir Brown.
Without much fanfare or controversy, Ward is quietly having another standout season for Pittsburgh. The tough wideout has six touchdown receptions and is Roethlisberger's most dependable target in key situations. Ward also helps set up the outside runs by Willie Parker with his outstanding downfield blocking. The task of neutralizing Ward in the passing game and also fighting through his blocks to minimize the Steelers' dangerous outside rushing attack falls to the veteran Brown. Never known as a premier cover corner, Brown is enjoying his best season in his eighth year. He has a career-high four interceptions and his first career touchdown, despite missing the first four games. If he is up to the challenge of shutting down Ward, the Rams' chances of pulling off the upset increase dramatically.

Did you know?
Pittsburgh won the most important meeting between these two franchises in Super Bowl XIV, 31-19. The Rams were actually leading the game, 19-17, going into the fourth quarter, but the Steelers scored two unanswered touchdowns to finish the game.

OJ Atogwe, get familiar with him
pimp.gif
I hope Rams win, which will put theRavens in the position to spoil the Steelers' season
eek.gif
laugh.gif
devil.gif
smokin.gif

Oh my god - it'll be the first game we've played in decent conditions in forever...

Don't worry though outtacontrol - we'll lose... we're that bad right now.

MART1N PAYNE wrote:

OJ Atogwe, get familiar with him
pimp.gif
I hope Rams win, which will put the Ravens in the position to spoil the Steelers' season
eek.gif
laugh.gif
devil.gif
smokin.gif

Ravens?!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The only thing they spoil are 0-16 seasons. Boo this team.

Oh, and 21-17 Rams.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Ravens?!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The only thing they spoil are 0-16 seasons. Boo this team.

Well 49er/Oregon Duck fan, if the Steelers lose tonight, and lose next Sunday to the Ravens, they will more than likely not make it to the playoffs
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MART1N PAYNE

Well 49er/Oregon Duck fan, if the Steelers lose tonight, and lose next Sunday to the Ravens, they will more than likely not make it to the playoffs
pimp.gif

But it's the Steelers... not like they can do anything with Indy, Jacksonville and New England in the playoffs.

WOW...a browns fan making a steeler game day thread
laugh.gif

Anyways this should be a easy game to back bounce on track, just shut down steven jackson an will be good.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Oh my god - it'll be the first game we've played in decent conditions in forever...

Don't worry though outtacontrol - we'll lose... we're that bad right now.
I know, you guys could really use Anthony Smith out there. What is Tomlin thinking???

Aren't the Rams retiring Marshall Faulk's Jersey?

Anyways my prediction is:

Steelers 23
Rams 14

two names to watch for on the Rams Will Witherspoon and OJ Atogwe ....

Them Boys be out there playin like Grown Men.
pimp.gif

&
indifferent.gif
to Brian Leonard for getting out played by AntonioPittman. another wasted high draft pick for the Rams
sick.gif

capt.609296fb54a7457cb0022b62601caf13.rams_faulk_football_st101.jpg

My Dude shoulda had 2 rings, Coach Martz took the 2nd away from him.
smh.gif

The need to throw deep. I think last game proved that the Steelers will give up the long ball.

I know that they benched Smith, but i think you could still throw it over the top.

Steelers should make the playoffs regardless. But the division would be another story. Again, they SHOULD win this game, but who knows. I amnot going to really watch it, this team has depressed/angered me too much lately that I don't want to even let it happen again. If they win though, I willbe going to the Cincy/Browns game this Sunday to actually cheer for the Bengals and get the division crown (Who De..........nah, can't say it).

damn - we've missed santonio and good weather... haven't had a pass play like that in a LONG time.

mms://a833.l3938126832.c39381.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/833/39381/v0001/reflector:26832?auth=eaEd_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_d_dDbCcTbLdbcudqbhdybjd.cvaVcqafbl-bhAXKS-E-amtAAZRX&aifp=v003

sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/39025

How bad did FWP's injury look? I missed the majority of the first quarter. It ain't going to last until the playoffs, is it?

Damn, they torchin my dude JWade.
How this Negro not lay a hand on Nate at the line
laugh.gif

They dunn thrown JWade to the wolves, with all these Light in the#%@# CBs goin down to injury.
He was right on the ball too,
smh.gif
what kinda swipe was that

They playing in Pittsburgh?...those steelers fans got loud off of that fumble recovery. Maybe Murphy Lee has a concert at the same time, and that is where allthe rams fans went....

Is there any other WR in the NFL who works the sideline better than Big Game?

and as per every game so far this yr, this is where the Rams fall apart and not score another point and give up 30 more.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom