Those not celebrating Christmas

What are your plans? I enjoy the holiday season and time off, but im not religious. Prob spend time with the fam, but dont really do much but watch sports on christmas

enjoy the food my mom makes only during these holidays. we don't really celebrate christmas either, just a normal day for us. get together with the fam for a bit then my bros go with their family and I go skate and watch basketball.

Last edited:
Muslim, so I never celebrated Christmas. flying out to Berkeley tomorrow for 5 days. god willing.

This year, the holiday "spirit" is not in my household. Not really religious, but we don't even have a tree/lights up. Interestingly enough, this was the first year I was able to really get some nice things for the fam. I wrapped and gift bagged everything so I'll just leave them in the living room :lol:.

Probably spend the day sleeping and watching basketball.

Did you not even read his post?

I'm celebrating but i know plenty who don't including my dad (he's Muslim)

Yup we muslim on this side. Im not religious at all so its just a regular day.

Feel bad tho cuz my brother and his girl (shes christian) bought gifts for my family this year now i gotta get her something.

no one in my family is religious but we still get together for christmas and do all the non religious rituals every year (putting up lights, tree, ect...)

its more of a time to get together with your family than a religious event imo

Yea, pretty much. It's an end of the year time to reflect and be thankful. I'm going to avoid the Christmas Creep next year, though. We put up lights and the tree the day after Thanksgiving and to TBH by the time Christmas gets here it all seems a bit stale. Next year I'm going to try and do everything no earlier than two weeks before.

One year I would like to celebrate a Jewish Christmas - which means going to the movies and eating Chinese food.

I couldn't give two humbugs about baby Jesus, but God damn it, I'm celebrating...

My favorite time of the year, it's mid afternoon and I'm drinking Whisky and eating minced pies, watching World's Strongest man ( an Xmas tradition over here in the UK lol)

Eight days off work, visiting family and friends, copious amounts of food & booze and plenty of sports and films to watch 
nthat.gif

UFC 168, Boxing day soccer and Lakers v The Heat 
nthat.gif

(Also, as you can probably tell ...I'm now very drunk and browsing NT!)

Merry Xmas NT fam!

Last edited:
I don't celebrate Christmas, I treat it as a day off work. Might go fishing or something.

I'm gonna celebrate with the family tonight/tomorrow, but here's my beef with all these "holidays."

All these holidays have become more commercialized over the years, with the point of them being marketed towards spending and consumption. I feel that they've lost their values, and corporations are the ones profiting off people's hypocritical tendencies to spend large sums on these particular holidays. I feel everyday should be Thanksgiving, Christmas, Mother's/Father's Day, Valentines day, etc. Why just choose one day of the year to celebrate what you already have?

With that being said, Happy Holidays everyone. :smokin

^
I don't blame the corporations, people should remind their families and themselves what the important part of the holidays are. Up to people if they want to spend ridiculous amounts of money on gifts. My fam doesn't really celebrate Christmas like we used to, keep it to a minimum. We haven't had a tree in maybe 5 years.

Don't celebrate Christmas, won't explain, but I will be enjoying the days off of work. Gonna chill with the fam and friends that are in town, eat, drink, and be merry.

I couldn't give two humbugs about baby Jesus, but God damn it, I'm celebrating...

My favorite time of the year, it's mid afternoon and I'm drinking Whisky and eating minced pies, watching World's Strongest man ( an Xmas tradition over here in the UK lol)
Eight days off work, visiting family and friends, copious amounts of food & booze and plenty of sports and films to watch :nthat:

UFC 168, Boxing day soccer and Lakers v The Heat :nthat:  

(Also, as you can probably tell ...I'm now very drunk and browsing NT!)

Merry Xmas NT fam!

Holiday Premier League is :smokin

Oh hey its day after Christmas..Full Slate of Games
Oh hey its New Year's Day...Full Slate of Games
Oh hey its weekend between day after Christmas and New Year's Day...Full Slate of Games

Never cared about any of the spiritual/religious business associated with Christmas, but I sure as hell enjoy getting gifts :pimp:

Not a Christian, but I'll gladly take the day off :lol: probably go to flagstaff and snowboard

My family knows I'm not religious. But I enjoy spending time with them on holidays. And the food/games aren't bad either.

What OP meant to say is "Who's gonna be alone on Christmas"
laugh.gif
actually that's not what he meant to say at all - he said he's not religious and that he's spending it with his family 

what kind of herb you gotta be trying to take shots at people who might be all alone on a day like this anyway?

don't see what's funny about some people spending a day like today alone. and ridiculing someone for not having anyone else to spend time with? you pathetic douche

anyway, i'm not religious either, but my family kinda is so i'm gonna be going over for dinner and just hang for a bit

Back
Top Bottom