Theres some Ray Bans on eBay I want to buy but how to tell if theyre fake?

Like the title says. Theres 2 pairs I want that my local Lenscrafters doesnt have in these colorways. I dont want to buy fakes cus I want to put prescription lenses in them. Any signs thatll let me know or anyone know a legit seller on eBay? Also, will Lenscrafters put prescription lenses in frames I bring to them or do I need to purchase them there?

If your getting them off ebay, then there is a 99% chance that they're knock offs.

Post the pics.

I work at LensCrafters and that video above is partially right I guess. Regarding the logo on the side: the (authentic) original wayfarers have the emblem that sticks out, while the new wayfarers have the emblem flush with the frame.

I have fake and real Ray-Bans, and at least from what I have, they're pretty similar.

You can take almost any frame to LensCrafters and get prescription lenses put in them, but depending on how much you pay for the frame and the sale they currently have going on, it might be cheaper or similar in price to get a new frame and lenses from them (their sales only apply to a new frame+lenses).

edit: And also in the video regarding the lenses: if you bring your own frame they're just going to change the lenses anyway, so the differences between the real vs. fake lenses don't matter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom